Monday 18 July 2011

Art Supplies - touch screen stylus, stylus


I bought this based on 4 solid reviews before me. The stylus is really worth the $30 considering that there are junk styluses out there for $20. Initially, the quality of the stylus is impressive. You would almost say Apple did this. But a few minutes into the experience and you begin to see the flaws. Here is what I saw:



- This is a symmetrically shaped stylus. When the covers are on, you can't quickly tell which end is which. 50% of the time I pull the cover only to see the wrong end. It becomes frustrating. Now I have to roll the stylus in my hand to see the "HardCandy" logo and open the cover facing the "H" for the iPad stylus. Not the best experience when I'm in the middle of a thought I want to jot down.



- Once the covers are off, they don't go anywhere. They don't stick to the back of each other. So you end up with this extra thing rolling around on the desk that you had better not lose or step on.



- The idea of this stylus is that it feels good in your hand. And it does. The weight of it is just perfect. The last thing you want to have happen is for it to rattle. And guess what, in a couple of days, it start to. There are thin black rubber rings that appear to be put there to lessen the rattle of the covers. They are too small and the stylus starts to feel flimsy as the covers start clacking.



- I understand that the user is not meant to see deep into the interior of the chrome covers. However, if you look into the covers you will see what looks like rust or some unfinished copper inside. It looks very cheap.



- The stylus has no point that it rests on when on a table. The two chrome covers end up becoming in contact with all surfaces this stylus is on and it continues to roll. This results in a ring a scratches around each chrome cover. The chrome itself is not really scratch resistant (for $30, I understand that).



- There is no latch. Which makes the design really nice. But when this stylus is not in use, it's hard to find a place to put it. When in my front pocket, it falls sideways. On my desk, it rolls away. In my bag, it falls to the bottom. It has nothing to hand it by.



My suggestion would be to use magnets. The top of a cover could be magnetized to attach to the other cover when in use. A latch could also be attached. The chrome finish should be applied internally to the covers as well. And the rubber rattle dampeners should be a bit bigger.



Would I buy this again? I'm not sure... It's not bad. But it could be much better.



**UPDATE: one other negative thing I just ran into. The middle cylinder that has the words "hard candy cases" on it has very sharp edges. You either have to hold the pen closer to the tip, or way above the mid cylinder. Otherwise you will get minor cuts from the sharp edge after a few minutes of use. That edge needs to be beveled a bit. It is uncomfortable. Hard Candy Cases iPad Stylus

when I saw the ad it sure looked promising. Overall the design has a certain sex appeal, but falls short of hitting the mark. For the price (more than double other styluses) I expected it to be the very best, but the stylus performance was very average, and the tip of the stylus is really big, really too big for writing notes on ipad note applications. My wife bought a cheaper stylus that has a smaller tip and she likes it better (skosh stylus).



Also The pen is a very average writing instrument - I expected more of high end pen eperience. And like the other reviewers have commented, this is one heavy device - I would worry about breaking the glass if you drop it on your ipad! Lastly, why didn't they come up with a way to indicate which end is which?? I can't tell you how many times I open it up and almost accidentally start writing on my iPad with teh pen side :( !!

I love quality pens so I figured I would splurge on a nice stylus. It feels nice in the hand but is so heavy my hand gets tired holding it. The surface is smooth, which makes it hard to hang on to, especially given it's weight. I can not relax my hand or it will slide out. Plus, if I squeeze too hard, because of its smoothness and round shape, it starts to slide out of my hand. It is like trying to hold a regular round pen after applying lotion to your hand. I slid on a rubber grip from a cheap mechanical pencil, and that did the trick. (But it split after about a week). I also wish the tip was smaller. When attempting to write or sketch, it hangs on the screen at certain angles. I agree with every negative point made in these reviews, but that said, it still beats using my finger. The ink pen is cheap, not smooth rolling, and I rarely use it. It looks and feels impressive until you try to actually use it.

I must admit, I'm not very impressed, the design may look sleek but the functionality is poor. I keep pulling the wrong end cover ( you will later get used to which side to pull out from the writing direction).Then the cover does not fit on the end of the pen when removed, so, you will have to keep it lose while using the pen.

You cant use teh tip fro hand writting on iPAD, which was one of the reason I bought it.



The quality of the ballpoint pen leaves alot to be desired.

The delivery took much longer than agreed and was frankly annoying.

So, I'm not very impressed and woudl suggest you seek an alternative. - Ipad Accessories - Touch Screen Stylus - Ipad - Stylus'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Art Supplies - touch screen stylus, stylus ipad Art Supplies - touch screen stylus, stylus