Sunday 19 June 2011

With Answering Device - corded cordless combo, cordless phone


I purchased these phones to replace one with a few less features but was very good quality. My older developed a problem in the answering machine part. I shopped around looking for phones that had "speaker" phone capabilities on all of the units, the corded base and two cordless extensions. The phones offered the features I wanted but aren't very good quality with respect to sound or operation. The cordless phones have to stay reasonably close to the base or the received signal fades in and out. I'm not talking about taking it outside, I mean in the next room and within sight of the base. The speaker phone sound quality is fairly good on the base unit but marginal on the cordless units. That might be because of the issue of not working well when a little distance away from the base. It does have lighted keypads on the cordless phones, a nice feature that isn't on the base. The base does have a display screen that illuminates when the handset is picked up. All in all, the phones work alright, I was just a bit disappointed in the sound and distance issues. I tried to save a few dollars purchasing phones with a lot of nice features and they do have several nice ones. I could have spent more money and bought better qality but that's true of any product on the market.



Would I recommend this phone? Yes, if you have a limited budget and want to be frugal, buy it. It works and works dependably and I suppose that's all that matters. I am spoiled because it isn't quite as good as the one it replaced. Uniden DECT1588-2 DECT 6.0 Corded/Cordless Digital Answering System with Dual Keypad and Two Cordless Handsets

All and all I'm pretty happy with this purchase. The price was right, easy to set up and use , and so far (I bought this phone about 6 months ago) no problems. I haven't experienced any distance problems like someone else mentioned. We take the handsets outside and pretty far from the base without any loss of sound quality.



The only gripe I have is that the handsets don't ring very loud. The corded phone rings loud. Other than that, I would recommend this phone.

We purchased this phone to replace our old Uniden. We wanted the DECT 6 technology for the clearer sound, and that was a big improvement over our old phone. We, also, wanted a built-in corded phone, but not for the advertised reason (Power-Outage capability), we wanted it because "I" could never fid a hand set when the phone rang, but with this phone I know there will always be one stuck to the base.



If you're looking for a useful tool with high tech features and reasonable quality and price, you'll be happy you've purchased this phone.

I have had this phone 1588-2 for several months. The corded base answering phone works well for my needs and can be wall mounted. The cordless units (Cannot be wall mounted) work well even on a different floor of the house or out in the yard. One of the things I really like is the ability to screen calls from the cordless units. The speaker phone works pretty well from the cordless units with fair to good sound quality. Looking to add another cordless unit or two to the system.

Our old answering machine finally bit the dust, so the hunt was on! Didn't want to spend a fortune, but we definitely wanted something just above the basic machine we'd had. Also, it was important to us to have a corded phone that would continue to function during a power outage. Lately we have experienced several significant power outages, and many people were caught without a working phone.



This one fit the bill, and the extra handsets have enabled us to place a phone everywhere that was handy for us.



Dislikes are few; I marked construction down one star only for the lightness of the receiver, which makes it feel a little cheap.



The only other nit-picky thing I could think of was the brightness of the red light on the handset base when the unit is in the base. I almost wish that feature was reversed, since the light is so distractingly bright when on, whenever the handset is in the base unit, which is most of the time. It would be better as an indicator that the handset was missing.



Overall, I am very satisfied with this purchase so far. The Amazon price was much better than the local Best Buy, too!

Picked up this nice little unit for my wife's mom in Mexico. Liked the benefit of a corded base station for use in power outages (more prevalent there), though I found the best part about the corded base station is that you always know where you can find the phone to answer a call no matter where you hid you cordless sets.



Handsets feel solid and durable. Audio is pretty good. *It was an instant hit! Also, range seems to be good; they worked fine through concrete walls (didn't test long distances >300', but I don't expect that to be a problem) Caller ID came up after first ring and ringer activates very fast (usually 1 ring prior to the old corded set ringing once).

We like the intercom feature to communicate from any location among the base or handsets! Expandable. Price was good for the field. Answering machine. (menus are a bit comber-sum, misses some top-end features that you probably won't miss, but I doubt you'll use them after getting it setup)



Bottom line: Nice system, and Yes I would recommend this to a friend. - Corded Cordless Combo - Cordless Phone - Caller Id - With Answering Device'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information