Sunday 19 June 2011

Bluetooth Mouse - laser mouse, bluetooth


I wanted a mouse for my Macbook that did not require me to plug in a dongle. Therefore, a bluetooth mouse was my obvious choice. I heard about this mouse some months before it was available for purchase. It has bluetooth and laser. I am glad I waited for this mouse - it is great. It does what a mouse should without having to fuss with it or deal with all kinds of uneeded "features". Logitech once again came up with a winner.



It was recognized easily by my Macbook and worked perfectly without having to tweak anything. Contrary to what some reviewers say about laser mice, this mouse is not too sensitive. Scrolling is smooth and accurate. There is a slight delay when the computer starts for bluetooth to recognize the mouse, but this is negligible.



There is an on-off switch to conserve the battery -- very nice! Also, it is white to match my Macbook. I have had this mouse about a week and have not discovered any negatives. I love it. Logitech V470 Bluetooth Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks (Blue)

(Update after 3 months of use: The mouse has performed amazingly. It is a joy to use and travels well with my MacBook. I bought this in November and have used it every day. Now (February), I finally get the low battery indicator. The batteries lasted a very long time (and I do not shut the mouse down often. If you have a MacBook, this mouse is a great addition to it. You won't be sorry.)



* * *

I just got my white MacBook today and connected the Logitech V470 to it. After a few minutes of mousing around, the computer for some reason lost the connection. I suspect it was my fault as I was messing with the preferences trying to learn Apple Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard's features. I re-attached it and since then it has not given me any problems. The computer sleeps and wakes up and the mouse just works almost instantly. It is smooth and works well. The mouse design fits the white MacBook perfectly. I have large hands and even though this mouse is smaller than a standard mouse, the fit is comfortable. It is amazing not to have cords or dongles cluttering your desktop. I highly recommend it. Given the horrible reviews of the Logitech software, I never installed the CD that came with it. It works very well without it. Option-scroll wheel zooms on the whole screen, the tilt wheel scrolls horizontally -- It simply works.

This is the second bluetooth mouse that I've tried (the other being the Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 Mac/Win) as a full-time mouse companion for my Apple BT keyboard. To its credit, the mouse maintains a connection better than the MSFT mouse (i.e. it reconnects at all), though as mentioned by other reviewers, it's definitely more sluggish to respond from sleep (and quicker to go to sleep) than the Apple counterparts. That said, the ergonomics are only slightly better than Apple's mice and my hands get cramped if I use it for more than a couple of hours in a row (i.e. heavy photo editing or similar).



Pros: bluetooth, portable, works, even comes with a bag.



Cons: Logitech software kills Growl - a known issue on their end which they have no intention of fixing. So you have to choose between growl working, or being able to customize the buttons/wheel (though OSX seems to do a decent enough of a job of this on its own - there are no fancy side buttons). As another reviewer mentioned, the black stuff on the side is coming off, which just feels unsettling, even if it is just cosmetic.



So overall? I'm still using it, though I can't say that I'm necessarily "happy" with it. It beats the competition, though that's an extremely low bar with few contenders. Maybe in a few years...



-/\/

I bought this mouse for my macbook and it works great.The mouse comes with a CD which had software for both MAC OS and Windows OS. Installation of software was easy and mac's built-in bluetooth immediately recognized the mouse. I have windows installed on Mac thru Bootcamp and this mouse works great on windows side as well.



The bluetooth connectivity is good and the software on the system allows us to control pointer/clicking speed and some other advanced options.The size of mouse is medium,not as big as regular mice. I like the On/Off switch provided at the bottom for saving battery power.The carrying case which comes with this mouse is also decent.



Overall I am very satisfied with the purchase.

Mouse works perfectly for most purposes. The power switch on the bottom is a nice feature (I've had other that the only way to turn them off was remove the batteries). The carrying case comes in handy. The only latency issues are when I first start to use the mouse, it takes half a second before the cursor moves and when windows is running slow. I am using it with Vista Ultimate, which makes the software it comes with not only not necesarry, but a detriment. I would recomend not using the logitech mouse software. Windows will recognize the mouse as soon as it starts up and even install the drivers for it without using the disk. But, when the logitech software is installed the mouse works fine until the logitech software loads. The mouse then quits working and the logitech software asks if I would like to reconnect the mouse. Again, without the software installed, the mouse connects automatically and stays connected. Also, the tilt wheel scrolling and zoom features only seem to work if the sofware is installed. But, the horizontal tilt wheel scrolling is so horribly slow even when it is set to maximum speed that it is unbearable. The opening to press the reconnect button on the bottom of the mouse is so small I have to use my finger nail to press it. But, on vista, it seems that you only need to press it the first time you connect the mouse to your computer, so it's not that big of a deal.

Other than those issues, the mouse works great and I'm pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone who wants a bluetooth mouse and has built in blue tooth on their computer, since this mouse does not come with a bluetooth adaptor. - Logitech - Laser Mouse - Bluetooth - Wireless Mouse'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information