Sunday 19 June 2011

Cheese Knife


What a great buy! If you're not on board with ordering a gazillion knives for different types of cheeses, have no fear. This one will work for almost all of them - I've used it on Cheddar, Gouda, Parmesan, Manchego, Brie, all kinds. I purchased a wire-type one at the same time, and it's really not necessary. I would only suggest one more type if you'd like perfect slices on very hard cheeses (mine come out okay, but not *perfect*).



It's nicely balanced, great quality, sharp but not too dangerous, and looks great on a cheese board. If you have modern silverware, it matches up just right. Highly recommended. Swissmar Cheese Knife, Soft Cheese, Stainless Steel

The open sides make this knife glide through cheese very easily and cleanly. It is much handier than a wire and fits in a regular knife block. I bought this one for a gift, and though it cost less than the one I use, the stainless handle and blade are very attractive. It has a nice heft and quality feel.

An okay knife for semi soft and medium cheeses, but crushes soft cheeses and sticks.....Try the cheese knife that Amazon sells that is made of a special resin/plastic..it is amazing, see my review for that one!

This knife does not work well for slicing cheese. It is sharpened only on one side, so there is a bevel to the blade that forces the knife into or out of the cheese you are slicing, biasing towards one direction. This makes it nearly impossible to get a uniform slice of cheese, and often I get only a few shreds while the knife fights against me. It is of high quality construction and is quite sturdy. It has little teeth on the blade that help it bite into the cheese, but will prevent later re-sharpening. Even after much practice I cannot get it to work to reliably slice uniform slices of cheese.

Bought as a gift - because I love my Cutco cheese knife (Cutco #1764) but was too cheap to fork out the $50 as a present. Thought this one would be similar - but it wasn't. It's passable for a cheese knife - but the Cutco cheese knife is by far superior - I use it several times a week to slice thin even slices off Tillamook cheddar bricks and it works like a dream - perfect and easily sliced pieces every time - I've never had a cheese slicer or knife that was half as good and I've tried half a dozen or more.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cheese Knife Cheese Knife Cheese Knife