Sunday 19 June 2011

Grantwood Technology - ipod touch, itouch accessories


The original protective cover on my 3rd gen. iTouch was peeling after about the first day so I knew I needed another, & this product was exactly what I needed! it came with TWO screen protectors for $5, while others are much more expensive.

It was easy to apply, it only took me one try and it's just about perfect (i've never applied one before either, just take your time with it :). there were only two small bubbles and I was able to get them out anyway.

The screen protector is pretty decent against fingerprints and it's not opaque at all like the product image seems(which had me a little worried)

took 3 days to get here from the time I placed the order, with the cheapest shipping.

Don't spend more than you have to, this product is just what you need Grantwood Technology's 2-Pack Premium Screen Protector for iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd Generation (not latest), 8 GB/ 16 GB/ 32 GB/ 64 GB

This will be the third protector for my recently aquired iPod Touch and is by far the best. It was very easy to apply and since it was not too flimsy it was easy not to get bubbles underneath. I am very impressed and my iTouch looks as if it doesn't have a protector on it at all ! My previous two attempts were with far inferior products which resulted in lots of lumpy bumpy bubbles. I would say that this protector ranks with those found in the 20 dollar+ range. Grantwood Tech also impressed with their delivery advices etc.

Jan 2011 - It is now nearly a year since my original review. I use my iTouch every day..and the original protector is still on and is as good as new !

This stick on cover is fantastic. It is a relatively thick sheet of optically clear plastic. This makes putting it on easier than if it were thin (from a no-bubbles point of view). Make sure your ipod glass is completely clean, no dust, no other foreign particles. The tactile feel of the cover is just like feeling a piece of glass -- so smooth, you won't even notice it is there. It is very durable too -- I carry my ipod in my pocket together with my wallet, with the screen facing my leg (screen rubs the fabric pocket liner all day), and so far there are no scratches or dulling of the plastic sheet. This is an Excellent product at a great price!



Update as of 8/12/2010: I've had the same 1st cover on since purchasing a few months ago. As described above, I keep it in my pocket and so far there are no visible blemishes to it. No roughening or change to the clarity. Really nice material -- whatever this plastic is that used to make this.

Update on previous review: recently purchased more of the Grantwood screen protectors for my iPod Touch 3G. I absolutely won't use anything else! A lot of products are out there and I have tried many; no one else's product comes close in clarity, touch-sensitivity, and durability. Thanks again Grantwood!!!





For those of you who want just the facts: superior product, unbelievable value, awesome service.

For those of you who want more details: I have tried other iPod 3G screen protectors and found them all to be sub-par in comparison to the Grantwood product. The Grantwood screen protector is not nearly as flimsy and has a far-superior touch sensitivity (something I highly value in a touch-interface device!) all across the screen. The DLO product I currently have on my iPod has more of a matte finish and is "anti-glare", but I have found it to be less sensitive to touch and, because of the finish, actually shows fingerprints more clearly, contrary to what I thought might be the case. The Grantwood screen protector is much easier to clean with a slightly damp lint-free cloth and lasts much longer.



I am not a pro when it comes to installation. In fact, in my efforts at perfection I have found my first attempt is usually best left as is. To help those like myself who don't seem to have enough thumbs, Grantwood provided links to videos that demonstrate how best to install the screen protectors.



Thanks, Grantwood, for your great product and service, and watch for another order soon! =)

This review is based on the quality of the product, not Amazon's service was excellent as well. The cover's price is amazing and works as stated. I was confused at the instructions initially but the fault belongs to me there. I bought two just in case my first one was faulty and I believe everyone should because the price is affordable. The first time I applied the cover, the placing was awful and I have this mental OCD therefore I removed it and used another one. It was a waste to use another one but I can bare to look at my Ipod Touch now. Overall, I highly suggest this if you are looking for an affordable cover that will endure and protect your screen from any scratches.

As others have mentioned, it is a little tricky to get this on the iPod just right. It needs to be completely clean, and you have to work it on slowly to avoid bubbles.



Since these are so cheap and the shipping/handling is the biggest cost, you might as well buy a few at once. They don't last forever and will eventually start to peel back at the corners.

I've bought generic screen protectors before that you cut to fit your device and then you deal with trying to get the air bubbles out. It's a real pain. This is where this product trumps over those protectors!



Not only does this fit your iPod Touch perfectly, but THERE ARE NO AIR BUBBLES TO DEAL WITH!!!



Someone took a look at the iPod I had these screen protectors on and they didn't even realize one was on there!



For the price, this should be an instant purchase for anyone that owns an iPod Touch and if there were an option to give this higher than 5 stars I would in a heartbeat!

I got a new ipod touch 3rd gen for Christmas, and since my last one had a lot of scratches on the screen within like the first 2 weeks, I decided not to let that happen again. This is a cheap and terrific way to protect your ipod from scratches done by keys in your pocket - Ipod Accessories - Itouch Accessories - Screen Protector - Ipod Touch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Grantwood Technology - ipod touch, itouch accessories ipod touch Grantwood Technology - ipod touch, itouch accessories