Tuesday 28 June 2011

Sd Memory Card - sdhc, memory card


The card is good, and will ensure that the bottleneck for delays will be in the camera's circuitry, not in the write operation to the card post click.



However, read the description of this particular item carefully. What you get is a what they say here - a card in an anti-static envelope. The card that I got did not look new - the contacts had use marks on it. I am keeping it because I did not notice this detail in the description, because I got a great price, because I needed to use it right after getting it, and because it seems to work fine. But it isn't new - not that the description said anything about it being so. Sandisk 4 GB Extreme III SDHC Card (SDSDX3-4096, Static Pack)

I have personally tested several examples of this product against many other brands and models. In my D80 I find the JPEG write speed to be about 9.5 MB/second. It writes raw data at about 8.5 MB/second. Nothing else I have tried is close; not even the highly rated Lexar Professional Series 133X.



I have never experienced a failure of any kind with this product.



I like 'em.

I buy 'em.

I use 'em.

The SanDisk cards are great and this is a good price. The seller tacks on about $4.25 per card for shipping and handling even though it probably cost them less than $1 to ship two cards to me. But, even with that "hidden" charge it was still cheaper than I can purchase these locally.



I ordered two cards. They were each packaged in the standard plastic shell case for an SD card and then inside a static bag, but without retail packaging. They appear to be new and unused. (I suspect that these discount sellers obtain these by breaking up bundled product sets, like a digital camera kit which includes the camera, a battery, a charger, and a memory card, and selling the individual pieces for a discount price, but I don't really know for sure).



Note: These cards are available from several different sellers on Amazon, this review is for the seller BlueProton.

I have Canon 1Ds and 1D Mark II cameras. I shot in RAW format, so I get large image sizes that are stored on the cards. I've been very happy with Sandisk UltraII 2GB cards and wanted to get a little more space for longer trips. I purchased 4 of these cards and tested each card on 10-shot burst on both cameras. Each of the 4GB cards took twice as long to process the data as the Ultra II 2GB cards. I use the burst mode on these cameras for wildlife (the 1D is capable of 8.5 frames per second) and I need to be ready to shoot again within 10 seconds. The cards took more than 30 seconds to finally store all the images (about 85 megs of data). I don't know if I got bad cards or the larger space is naturally slower, but I'll sell these and stick with my 2GB cards.

I use this card with my new Canon SD790IS 10MP Digital Camera. I can get more than 900 photos on the highest settings. It records quickly, ready for me to take a second pic in a millisecond. I know technology advances, but this is way better than the 1GB SD card I used for my previous camera.



I now go out looking for ways to fill the card up with every trip!

Digital Media Source sent me a bad one and refuses to replace or refund it. After purchasing a new one from best buy the card amazed me. It writes very fast and have never had a "writting" message pop up during use. Be careful who you buy it from, you might end up wasting your money.

I use this card in my nikon D90. It's a HUGE improvement over the standard 10mb/s sandisk cards. Even though it's only 2x faster (20mb/s) it empties my D90's cache probably 3-4x faster.



When shooting RAW, I could get about .75FPS once the buffer filed up on the standard SD card. With the extreme III card, I get about 2FPS once the buffer fills up. What a huge and needed improvement!

I love the SanDisk Ultra II and Extreme III series of media, however, if you've been using older generation memory card readers then you should know that these newer SD-HC format (secure digital high capacity) memory cards probably won't work in your older memory card reader. It is the "HC" format that causes the problem. I've only encountered this problem with SD cards starting at 4 GB and larger. The 2 GB and smaller cards aren't "HC" and thus still work fine in older card readers. Other media like compact flash, memory stick, etc. also still seem to work OK with older readers at all sizes.



A new card reader could set you back nearly thirty bucks so think carefully before buying SD-HC media. - Sd Card - Sd Memory Card - Memory Card - Sdhc'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information