Tuesday 28 June 2011

Bundle Me Hat - baby, jj cole


This is a beautiful hat--as one of the reviewers said, "For a Keebler elf." I was able to make the hat much bigger--to fit a 3 month plus baby by just removing the elastic from the back of the cap. Just take a seamripper or exacto knife and

1) slice the seam in the back of the cotton lining,

2) slice the seam inside headband to get to the elastic

3) slice the stitching on the elastic

4) cut the elastic out and discard it.

The whole operation can be done in about 5 minutes. You are left with a cap that fits the baby beautifully and has a split seam in the lining. If you care, you could spend 5 minutes sewing up the seam in the lining, or just leave it--it doesn't show when the hat is on the baby. JJ Cole Bundle Me Shearling Baby Hat 0 - 6 Months

Very cute hat! It's soft and plushy but I wish there was more info on the sizing. Based on other reviews that stated the hat ran really small, I ordered the 6-12 months for my 2 1/2 month old son. According to one particular reviewer with a baby of similar age and headsize (25th percentile, same as my son), the hat was way to small. Well I don't know if my son has a super small head ( 15 1/2 inches circumference) but the hat is way too big. Am going to keep it for next year and just order the smaller size for this winter. I actually measured the hat at the inside seam and it's appr. 18 1/2 inches around, but it also stretches! In fact I was able to stretch it over my own head to about 22 - 23 inches. Hope this helps.

I am an avid fan of JJ Cole products. Everything they do is top quality. I started with the Baby Bundleme. I have tried other items as well. The JJ Cole Baby Hat is soft and comfortable. You will love it. It's a perfect gift. If you want a high quality item, get this one!

I was so excited to get this hat for my 6 month old, to go with her Bundle Me. Well, it came in the mail yesterday and I'm so dissappointed! It is way too small. There is no way this hat is "One size fits all." First of all, it's not stretchy at all, so you can't even make it stretch to fit. And it's not that my baby has a big pumpkin head or anything, her head is actually on the small side (25th percentile). Looking at the hat, I don't think it would have even fit her at 3 months. I probably would only buy this hat for a newborn. Too bad...it's so adorable and looks very warm :(

I have bought many JJ Cole products and have always been satisfied with their quality. This hat is no exception. The hat looks really cute, soft and warm. However, it's way smaller than I'd expected. I bought size 0-6months for my then 3 month old daughter, whose headsize was in the 5th percentile. It was tight on her head and I could tell that she was uncomfortable, she kept scratching her head as if trying to take the hat off. I'm not sure if it was tight because I washed it, or because that's how it came in. It was used only once and I had to put it away. Too bad I couldn't return it.

This is a wonderful hat, but the sizes need to be remarked. We initially bought the 6-12 month size based on reviews about the sizing. It is entirely too large. We then bought this hat for our baby at 3 months. She is 4 months now, and it is too tight for her head (50th percentile head circumference). The hat is really for 0-3 months. If your kid is between 3-6 months, you are out of luck because there is not a size that fits.

I purchased this Hat to use it with the Bundleme also by JJ Cole since they are made from the same material. When I opened the box and took it out, it looked HUGE! Since my baby is only 2 months old, I thought this will not fit until he is like 5 months old! How wrong I was! It looks big on the outside, but the opening for the head is actually on the small side. I had difficulty using this hat with my baby who is only 2 months old because he kept complaining and almost crying when having this on his head as iif it was too tight. I had to use brute strength to stretch it out a bit and then he was a bit happier, but not much. It feels very warm which is a plus since you will obviously use it on winter, and so far it has worked well for my baby. My only complaint, as I stated before, would be the size of the opening for the head, quite small and the reason for the three stars. Apart from that, the item is good quality and seems durable. - Baby - Hats - Jj Cole - Winter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bundle Me Hat - baby, jj cole hats Bundle Me Hat - baby, jj cole