Tuesday 28 June 2011

Black And Decker - lawn, black and decker


I bought this trimmer to replace a larger cordless Black and Decker that finally gave out after several years of use - perhaps I didn't keep the battery charged correctly?

This trimmer is definitely not as powerful. However, it does cut through the grass along the edges and wooden fence. And it is MUCH lighter and easier to handle. The battery lasts through a typical usage - 20 minutes or so. I really like that the line keeps advancing on its own. Earthwise CST00012 18-Volt 12-Inch Cordless String Trimmer

This is a very lightweight weedeater, which has an extendable shaft. Both of these things make it easier on the back than my last weedeater, a Black and Decker. The detachable battery is also good, as when the battery is no longer effective, as is inevitable, it can be replaced, unlike my Black and Decker. The charge last 20-30 minutes, also better than the B&D, and it cuts grass faster.



By some quirk, the screws needed to attach the safety guard were not shipped, so I tried it out without the guard attached, and I like it much better that way. You DO need to be MORE CAREFUL if you don't attach the guard, as more debris is shot out farther. But, if you keep kids and animals away, wear long sleeves, long pants, shoes that cover your whole foot (no sandals) and eye protection (I use an old pair of big-lensed glasses), you should be fine (not to mention, if you don't have rocks and twigs in your yard, as I do, you won't have this problem. You're not going to be hurt by the flying grass).



The upside to the guard being off is that you don't run through the string as quickly (since it's not being cut off every time it hits the guard, and you can cut a wider swath of grass.



The spool that holds the string doesn't hold as much as the B&D, but since I tend to buy a large spool of the stuff to wind onto the old spool rather than buying the replacement spools, it doesn't bother me.



I've read reviews on all kinds of weedeaters where people were disatisfied with the way the string automatically "dispensed" from the spool (on the no tapping models, like this one), and while I understand their frustration, no string weedeater of either kind is going to be perfect. You will always have to do some tweaking from time to time. Just expect it, and you'll be a lot happier.

We used to have a 12 Volt trimmer that we thought worked good. The battery did not last very long. Now this 18 Volt has the snort we had hoped for. It has better power and lasts longer. We were very pleased with the people AT Amozon.com where we purchased this trimmer from. We had straight forward information and all the information was correct. The shipping was ahead of time, which I was impressed. This trimmer is a joy to use. Thank You

Pros: Nice looking. Light weight. Easy to put spool in. Keeps charge well. Good for environment?



Cons: Nylon line breaks down fast. Throws material (grass, rocks, dead bugs) into my face and onto my legs. Doesn't edge very well.



This item is great looking. Good for environment and holds its charge well. I can get my whole yard done on one charge. It is light weight and easy to manuever.



That being said: I have gone through the nylon line very quickly. It also throws material (grass trimmings, rocks, and dead bugs) onto me while edging. I don't think it edges very well.



I have quit using it. I am looking for another edger now.

Trimmer is very lightweight and easy to use. It is adjustable is several areas and even an elderly person or someone with limited arm and hand strength should have no problem using it. It is too weak to cut heavy growth and even lawn grass will bog it down if you try to cut too much. So if you keep in mind it is a LIGHTWEIGHT machine and not for heavy use, it's fine for trimming a lawn. Run time on the battery seems ok and the lighter weight keeps it from tiring the user out. If you need to cut heavy stuff, you should buy a gas powered unit, but used as intended the Earthwise is OK. Very admirable lack of excessive packaging was appreciated.

I needed a trimmer to do light-duty trimming each time I mowed my lawn. This one works just fine and the charge lasts long enough to do the trick. It's not good for sustained heavy-duty trimming, but is great for spontaneous quick trims. It's light and comfortable to use. That I don't have to unwind and rewind 100 feet of extension cord every week or for spur-of-the-moment trimming makes it a great tool.

This product is a good product for very light duty. I found that the semi-auto feed line was a little difficult to operate whereas I had to manually pull string out several times. The battery power was short, about 20 mins. This is great product for very light yard work, not good as an edger. Be sure to keep your yard maintained because this unit will not do a good job if the weeds are high.

Works great, lightweight and battery holds up really well once fully charged; but it takes specific battery only made for this trimmer but for the price its great. Battery was still fully charged after an hour of operation. I am a senior 60+ and its easy on the old body for trimming in delicate areas of my rural property. Its not a commercial trimmer for heavy brush cutting.

This cordless trimmer works well on my Texas lawn. It does not have the power of an electric or gas, but it works well enough that I use it all the time. I also have the earthwise blower so that I can use the batteries on either machine. The only complaint I have on the trimmer is that the spool does not hold much line, so that you need to keep an eye on how much is left each time you use it. Overall, it works fine for me and I am happy with the trimmer. - Black And Decker - Weed Wacker - Lawn - Recommend'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Black And Decker - lawn, black and decker weed wacker Black And Decker - lawn, black and decker