Tuesday 28 June 2011

Black Belt - black belt, carhartt


The intent of a belt is simple - it holds your trousers up. This one is wide enough to fill the space under the loops of both jeans and khakis. It is cut from a single piece of leather. Thus there is no stitching to fray or layers to separate. It is good looking and likely to serve its purpose for a long while - pleased. Carhartt Men's Anvil Belt,Black,34

This belt is almost exactly what I was needed, to replace an old and well worn "jeans" belt. Solid, one piece leather (not including the tongue loop), robust looking buckle. Two notes that weren't entirely clear in the online descriptions: The portion of the belt that wraps around the buckle is sewn to the rest of the belt, so you cannot substitute your own buckle unless you scheme another way to affix it. And though the buckle itself looks as though it would be heavy, it really isn't. Nonmagnetic, and as I've already worn a bit of the black coating off, I think its brass. The tongue is magnetic, thus steel. The colors in the photos are correct, sort of a reddish brown in the middle, darker toward the edges. I'd buy it again, nice belt, with the only ding being that one cannot change the buckle.

The Perfect belt!

The leather quality is of superior quality. No stitches one piece cutt to perfection. It's very thick and will fill the eyelits on whatever your wearing.



I highly recommend this product

This is a sharp looking, reliable, quality belt. The color graduations on the side of the belt are true to life, a nice brown to dark brown. Great for dungarees & work shorts. I've had this belt about 5 months now. The leather is not separating, the holes are not stretching. Excellent choice.

One of two products ever that I've returned after buying from Amazon is this belt. Now, everyone else seems to have had a pretty good experience with the belt, so it could be my particular item/lot, or even particular to my nose, but my belt came with this awful fish-like smell that stunk up my entire bedroom whilst I kept it in there. I moved it out to the living room to air it out, but after a week the fish-like smell persisted, so I returned the product. It looks like a nice belt, but man, the smell was unbearable. Buy at your own risk, I guess.

It used to be you could buy a belt for $20 and it would last you years. Lately, it had been starting to feel like $20-25 would last only 2-3 months with regular wear. I realized that I wasn't having the same problem with another, brown belt I own and wear regularly as well and realized that it was the belt itself - specifically, the trend in dress belts towards cheaply sewing two flimsy pieces of paper-thin leather together - that was at the heart of my problem.



It's not easy to find a single, solid leather belt that's not too rugged-looking to wear with everyday work attire. This one may still be borderline for some people. It's thick and the buckle is heavy, but not nearly as bad as some others. Ultimately, this belt is exactly what I wanted: a simple, plain and durable belt I can wear every day if I choose to. The only other thing that may be worth mentioning about this belt is that it is made up of enough leather that you'll sometimes catch the scent of it, much as you would with a leather jacket.

The buckle on this belt broke the first time I tried it on. I should have payed more attention to the negative reviews on this item. Don't risk your time and money on this belt; go with a different brand. The goal of this company is to make a buckle that lasts just slightly longer than the return period so you get caught with your pants down. - Black Belt - Carhartt'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Black Belt - black belt, carhartt carhartt Black Belt - black belt, carhartt