Tuesday 28 June 2011

Outdoor Clothing - hiking pants, convertible pants


I purchased these pants for the Machu Picchu trek and boy am I glad. With weather that swung from hot to cold to wet in a matter of minutes, having pants which are light in weight, comfortable, dry quickly and and can be converted to shorts was invaluable. This will now be my stock choice for treks going forward and I highly recommend it. Columbia Men's Silver Ridge II Convertible Pant,Breen,XX-Large 32-Inch

Got these for half price at 6pm.com, and am very happy with them so far. I am hard to fit and the wide variety of sizes made it possible for me to find some that fit me well. Have used them on an overnight hike; they convert to shorts easily when it warms up and keep you warm when it cools off. Roomy enough to add layers underneath when it really cools off. They dry quickly, haven't had a chance to see how comfortable they are when wet. Plenty of pockets, zipper pocket in front for your keys and in back for your wallet (wish it was on the left side, since I'm a lefty, but you can't have everything). The belt that comes with it is pretty minimalist but works fine and adjusts easily.

Very light (good), breathable, strong material (all good). Has a weak front zipper and the belt loops are better than none. Pockets all over and zippered which I like. They are deep which I love as well. You can wear these anywhere. Come out of the wash just fine. Highly recommended. I bought two. Not disappointed.

I love these pants! I live in Florida and it is great to be able to have long pants during the buggy hours at the beginning/end of a day and shorts in between. These are even lighter weight than I expected, yet they've proven to be sturdy enough for me, too.

I love these pants! I bought these to help me travel light. The duo function helps me to bring less and the material is so light and dries very easily. I do wish that the front pockets could have been made from a solid material as it would prevent the contents in the pocket from poking or chaffing the wearer's legs. For the price, it is a great convertible pant. - Convertible Pants - Snowpants - Survival Pants - Hiking Pants'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Outdoor Clothing - hiking pants, convertible pants survival pants Outdoor Clothing - hiking pants, convertible pants