Monday 6 June 2011

Save Your Money - aaa battery, mini mouse


I bought this mouse for use with a netbook with bluetooth, and it's incredibly easy to use and it was a lot cheaper than other ones that I looked at. There's a button on the bottom that you push to put it in discovery mode, and after that you push the button to turn it on-I'm still on the first set of batteries but haven't used it much. Opening the battery compartment is a little confusing, because I expected it to be on the bottom and it's on the top on the rear portion, but there are directions that clear that up. Mini Bluetooth Wireless Notebook Laptop Optical Mouse

I bought this mouse about 4 months ago and it still works great.



Pros:

Easy to install, just pair it with Bluetooth, and it installs within a few minutes.

Compact.

Good range: I put my laptop close to the TV for a larger display and operate the mouse about 7' away with no issues.



Cons:

There's no on/off switch.

Batteries (2 AAA) drain quickly since I keep my laptop on 24/7.

When the batteries are new, it is too sensitive and jumps around the screen making it difficult to click on a button. This is VERY frustrating and makes you feel ucoordinated!

It does not come with specific drivers. You're forced to use generic MS drivers and you cannot adjust the sensitivity to correct the above problem.



Conclusion:

I would not purchase this product again. I will spend the extra few dollars to get more control over parameters (i.e., sensitivity).

Overall the mouse is exactly what I was looking for, a small battery operated bluetooth mouse at a reasonable price. My only 2 disappointments are with battery life (a pair of Duracells AAA lasts only about a month and some bargain brand such as Panasonic don't even last days) and it's inability to work on non-textured surfaces. The latter problem prevents it from working, without a mousepad, in most of the conference rooms in my office.

I was looking for a small wireless mouse which this device satisfied. It is also a very good price. I have had it a couple weeks and it seemed to work fine till recently. The main problem I am now having is with the scrool wheel. It does not seem to work at times like it is not connected to the mouse.

I got this mouse to use with an Asus 1005PE Netbook and it exceeds expectations. I had it up and running in both Windows 7 and Ubuntu/Linux within minutes. The included directions are predictably bad so I threw them away, inserted batteries and was off and running using the Netbook's built in Bluetooth. It shows up as a standard HID mouse so it uses standard drivers in both Windows and Ubuntu and no software install needed. The mouse itself is light and feels a bit fragile but build quality is decent. I find that it tracks well on a variety of both glossy and textured surfaces and have used it on my work desk, granite kitchen counters and as well as some atypical surfaces like an ultra-suede couch cushion (next to me while I am in front of the TV) and even my jeans pant leg and it works suprisingly well. I keep my Netbook in sleep mode when I am not using it so the mouse powers off automatically after 5 mins and my battery life has been fine so far. It seems to pair back up very quickly when I start back up. Overall, you can't beat it for the price. I am going to buy another one to use on my work laptop.



Update: the price of this item seems to have more that doubled since I bought one a short time ago. Mine was sold by "gigacity" and fulfilled by Amazon but they seem to be replaced by a new vendor. Search around Amazon and you should be able to find this item for a price in the low teens.

To open it to get the batts they are under the tops main black section. The top slides back away from the mouse buttons and then the edge that meets with the mouse buttons tips up. Like the hood of a car only forward.

I like my new mouse in all aspects but one. For some reason its bottom surface is catchy which makes gliding on smooth surface jerky. I think that rubber-like rings around not that tall plastic peduncles (the mouse supposed to slide on) randomly cling the surface and create this impression. I'm thinking to level them with a blade - but who would like to do such thing on a brand new product?

Instructions poorly translated and in font too small to read without enlarging. Unable to connect to PC#2 using Bluetooth adapter, but device paired immediately with PC#1, which has manufacturer installed Bluetooth and operates on Windows 7. Mouse is a cute little thing that comes with handy suede carrying pouch. It works quite well on most surfaces but not all. Sleep mode that extends battery life does not extend life very far. Have already had to replace batteries after only 3 to 4 weeks.

Seems to work fine on WinXP laptop. However, when I tried to connect this mouse to my Samsung NC-10 Netbook running Windows 7, it did not work. Paring seemed to work. Mouse was recognized in the "Add Device" area but the mouse never worked. No clicks, no pointer movement, nothing. I looked for drivers to no avail. Waste of $16.00 if you have Netbook running Windows 7. :( - Aaa Battery - Mini Mouse - Wireless Mouse - Notebook Mouse'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information