Monday 6 June 2011

High Speed - extreme iii, memory card


It is NOT a retail package and only ships as just the SDHC memory card in its plastic storage case. Not a big deal until you run into problems; hopefully not.



The retail package includes the following critical items:

1) Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty

2) Data Recovery Software mini CD (if you accidentally format your card with pictures on it, stop using the card immediately and use this software to recover your lost data!)



Unfortunately, at the time, Amazon did not offer a retail package of this card. You may want to check elsewhere. Sandisk 8GB EXTREME III SDHC SD Card Class 6 (SDSDX3-8192 Bulk Package)

If you have an SDHC compatible digital camera or camcorder and you like to take high resolution photos (5MP or higher) or High-Definition Video (720P/1080P), do yourself a big favor... buy this card! I recently bought the SanDisk 8GB Extreme III card for my Canon HF100 and Kodak Zi6 camcorders and I must say the performance is without equal! Salespeople will sometimes tell you that all memory cards are the same, but that is totally untrue. The "no-name" cards you find on some sites give spotty performance and mixed results. I've had HD video footage ruined by other brand "class 6" cards which fail to write fast enough to memory. The resulting footage is generally "jerky" when played back on your computer. Bottomline, I've used SanDisk products for years in my Sony PSP, Sony Clie PDA, and Nikon Coolpix 5000 and NEVER had a problem. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this card to anyone with an SDHC compatible electronic device.

After trying several other brands, I'm a huge fan of the SanDisk Extreme III series of SDHC and CF cards. Very fast (faster than most cameras) and very reliable. Can download at nearly 20 MB/s using a high-speed card reader. Highly recommended.

I used this for a 12 week trip in Europe, and was never able to fill it up, even using a 12 megapixel camera and going for a couple weeks at a time without uploading my photos to my laptop. I also took lots of videos and they turned out great and transferred perfectly.

its 8 Gigs and its fast. This card can hold tons of pictures around 1400 full size Jpgs from my 12.1 mp XSI. Only way this card would likely run out of space is if u never clean it or if u shoot all RAW all day. Even then it holds a lot. If u have the green for this card you won't be disappointed. Only card bigger is the 16 Gb.

Blue Proton shiped it prompt but when I opened the mail package the Extreme III was in a plastic package. Contacted selller, again they were very prompt to reply back and they promptly send the RMA number if I want to return. Well, shipping it back plus restocking fee could have made me lose around 15 dollar. So, I am keeping this product asuming thats I bought it just as is.



I also learned that these small scale sellers buy these product new in bulk and then they repackage it and sell it. The one of the main reason they sell it damm cheap. This Extreme III is blazzing fast and I have been using Sandisk for almost 8 years, so I do have confidence about its reliability.



I give --

5 stars to Sandisk.

3 stars to BlueProton.



Good luck to all who recieved this card in a static package!

The card shipped in a simple sealed US-mail envelope and was contained inside its plastic container. This is a pre-opened package and not in its original factory hard-plastic wrap. Since the card is pre-opened the warranty is void.



I shoot with a Canon T1i and my pictures are around 8mb each and at full resolutions of 4752x3168 and the card holds about 1100 pictures. The card is extremely fast and transfers pictures almost instantly to the computer.



For the money, this is an excellent buy.

I always thought one SDcard was as good as another. Apart from some rare incompatability issues, any one you had would do. And that's probably true if you're just moving stuff between a camera and computer.



But someone convinced me to try this one for speed, and wow, it really does matter. I keep data for various programs, such as my email and Usenet program, on a card (to make it easy to switch between my work laptop and Eee), and the speed difference between a cheap SD card and hard disk was painful. But this card restored most of the speed and my software is quite usable this way now.

I may have recieved a poor copy or a previously used SDHC card, but this card only worked after a month of use with only ~100 photos put on it. I use an XSi and T1i Canon Rebel. I particularly bought it for its low price and expected a brand new card but was suspect when it arrived in a "pink" casing that is definitely not like the cards that I've purchased at store retailers. The card no longer reads nor can be read by various card readers I have. I then purchased another Extreme III SDHC class 6 from a large store retailer and thus far have no problems in both my T1i and XSi. Although the price may seem great, be cautious in that you may not recieve a good card. The free Mini SD card that came with it as a free bonus was nice. That card has no problems yet (used in a cell phone for music and media storage). - Extreme Iii - Memory Card - 8gb - Sd Card'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information