Monday 6 June 2011

Nose Trimmer - nose trimmer, ear hair


The family convinced me it was time to trim my nose hairs, so I purchased this Panasonic personal grooming device. It is compact, runs on a single AA battery, comes apart for cleaning, uses stainless steel blades, and seems safe to use.Unfortunately, it does not cut nose hairs. It vibrates, tickles, and twirls them around, but too often fails to actually trim them off. In addition, the non-replaceable blade is designed to wear out after about two years of use.There must be better products on the market.Note: My experience is with the ER115KC version of this product, which is a washable variation of the ER112BC product.

The negative reviews are correct. I too had problems with the switch not working and the blades spinning inconsistently. The plastic nozzle that houses the blades is held on with tiny plastic hooks, which eventually broke making my trimmer useless.

I purchased this thing over a year ago from Amazon. You people LIED to me! I'm shopping for a replacement! Seriously though, it has some problems: 1. The switch doesn't make very good contact, so you end up switching it on and off a few times to get it to start. 2. It's underpowered, so it starts up kind of slow, and you wonder if it is up to the task. One AA battery isn't enough. 3. The cutters seem cheap and don't trim very closely. 4. Overall sound and feel is cheesy. This is NOT a precision instrument.

Don't let the name Panasonic fool you. This is a cheap toy. Mine got slower and slower, fresh batteries made little difference. It didn't even last a year. Spend a little more and get a better one.E.L.

I use this about 1x / month. It cuts the nose and ear hair.



Being an engineer and having one for over 5 years I know that

one of the problems has to do with the contacts becoming dirty/

corroded. The solution is to clean the contacts thoroghly.

I mean very very thoroughly.



And use a new AA battery. I have even had fine use with a rechargable battery. But I have experienced troubles that were

traced back to corroded battery contacts. I think the reason

for this is that when the metal gets wet it will eventually

corrode.



Also leaking batteries from putting the unit away for a long time

with an low battery will cause damage to any circuitry when a

battery leaks a bit of alkaline material.



Consider complaining to the battery company for this kind of problem.



Overall this unit is exactly worth the price you pay for it.

It does cut my hair which is coarse but I'm Arabic. Maybe a

Black person should avoid this. Or maybe a Blonde person should avoid it. I have not tested it on my friends.



It does tickle the nose. That kind of drives me nuts. But there

is not much to do but tolerate it. It does give a close shave 'up there' if you move it around and around.



Enjoy the cutter. I do.

After searching in the price range of under $30 dollars for a nose hair trimmer I realized that they were all going to be battery powered. I decided to go with this little "bad boy." Let me just start by saying that if you are looking to buy this product, you better have three inch nose hairs because this little device is unable to trim my nose hairs. Basically you have two small blades attached to two plastic hooks. The plastic hooks are spun by a plastic notch (hint: all plastic usually means garbage.) Since it is only powered by one battery it lacks power. Just to see if this thing really could cut hair I tried to trim a piece of hair on my head and just as I expected it whipped the piece of hair around in a circular motion failing to cut it. Bottom line, this is a very poorly made product (Made in China) with a Panasonic logo that should NOT be on this product. I have never purchased anything by Panasonic that was made this poorly.

I've purchased 2 of these over the years. It worked to a point but not very efficiently. You can do better and faster with a pair of scissors, if you know what I mean. They are also very fragile, both of mine shattered into pieces from dropping onto the bathroom floor by accident.

You should think about using eye-watering tweezers rather than buy this product. I gave up using it after the first few attempts because, amazingly, it doesn't cut hair! You spend 5 minutes trying to align each hair so that it will enter the nozzle at the right angle to cut. Even then, the blades tend to push the hairs out of the way rather than cut them. It even managed to scratch the inside of my nose because I was pushing too hard to make it work. A bit of a design flaw for a hair trimmer!

I've tried a lot of different nose/ear trimmer even the lighted Panasonic ER421KC trimmer. That one rips your hair out and runs out of batteries quickly. I did like the trimmers that they show on TV that have a little trimmer on one side but those get disgusting after using them for a while even if you wash them off and they bog down easily. I got fed up and bought this and I was VERY pleased. It is fast and powerful. They use to make a water proof version but I cant find it. Try this one you won't regret it. - Mens Grooming - Trimmer - Ear Hair - Nose Trimmer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information