Sunday 5 June 2011

Refer Filter


Pro's:

-slightly higher water volume than the Maytag model

-OK tasting water

-did not leak

-comes with the stick on date stamp, so you know when to change the filter



Cons:

-longer in length than the Maytag, really not an issue for me, but could be depending on your fridge's shelving.

-I returned this filter because it left a plastic or bitter taste to the water. I fill a quart bottle each day for drinking at work. I was immediately able to taste the difference between this filter and the Maytag one. But, I left it installed hoping that it would go away after a week or so of use. But it didn't, so I returned it.



It's not like I'm a picky water drinker either. I'm totally happy with cheap bottled water like Costco's Kirkland brand more than the expensive stuff like Evian & Fuji and the like. But, the "plasticky" taste was something I really couldn't live with. I gave it 3 stars because the product worked well and build quality was fine. Taste is subjective, so others might like the water it produces just fine. Water Sentinel WSM-1 Refrigerator Replacement Filter

This is the second or third time I have ordered from this company. The product arrives exactly as advertised, fits perfectly, and works well. I will continue to buy this as long as I have the Maytag refrigerator. btw: I would NEVER buy another Maytag refrigerator; just too many problems.

While the price helped quite a bit, not knowing ahead of time this unit was longer than OEM would have been nice to know. I had to redo my shelving enough to make storage of taller items near impossible on the shelves. Haven't noticed a difference in taste, so as far as quality I can't complain.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Refer Filter Refer Filter Refer Filter