Sunday 5 June 2011

Graphics Card - silent


I'm not a tech guy. Just a guy with a computer. I'm running an HP Slimline in a hot, dusty environment. I've gone through three NVidia GeForce 210's. The fan-bearings failed in all three in a matter of months, causing the cards to overheat and fail.



I then tried two EVGA Passive (fanless) 210's. Both failed within 45 minutes.



I've been running HD video through this 5450 for over 24 hours straight now with no problems at all. I think I've finally got a winner. And if I don't, I'll update it here. ASUS EAH5450 SILENT/DI/512MD3(LP) Radeon HD 5450 SILENT 1400 MHz (700 MHz DDR3) Video Card

With rebate the value can't be beat. Upgraded an older sempron system using windows XP. The driver software loaded easily and even HDMI works great. Now I can watch HULU and PBS episodes online, using only 25% of the CPU. This was impossible with the integrated graphics.



The fanless heat sink runs warm; about 60C, but there's no fan to wear out or make noise. As long as your case has reasonable ventilation I don't consider it a problem. - Silent'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Graphics Card - silent silent Graphics Card - silent