Sunday 5 June 2011

Home Securtiy - security, home securtiy


Lots of widgets to secure your home. Most geeky is the smoke alarm that is wireless and sets the security alarm if there is smoke! Two of the three sirens are triggered wirelessly. Manual is complete but terse. Lots of door/window sensors. Wish there was a garage door sensor. Glass break sensor was missing in my package, however the seller shipped it immediately when I reported the issue.



Cons:



If you use the keychain or secondary keypad to switch off the remote when entering home, the main unit is reset. I would have liked to know if the alarm was tripped and which sensor tripped it when I was away.



When leaving or entering home the delay can be 0 or 1 minute but not, say 20 seconds.



Not sure if buttons on base unit and secondary keypad will last a long time - they seem like the buttons on many remotes that do not work after a couple of years - I will keep my fingers crossed.



Motion sensor has a bright red LED - distracting in evenings/night.



Screws for attaching motion sensors to walls/studs are missing.



The seller is rebating $20 to everyone who posts a 5 star rating. Not ethical. I have not considered the rebate when I posted a high rating - the product is worth the money. AAS-V700 Wireless Home Security Alarm System Kit DIY (R)

The AAS-V700 is the best bang for the buck! I had heard horror stories from friends about other products like this one. One had trouble on install where nothing would program. Another had bought one and the manual was in Chinese only. They warned me to be leery and ready for a headache before getting it all working. Nothing of the sort with this product. The manual, while not the best manual I have read, is still easy to follow and I was able to get the whole system installed and working in about two hours. I did not install everything. My wife and I were looking to just secure windows and doors at this time, but it was a breeze. Now the double sided tape does work quite well, so test before you stick. Although, run a rag or wipe the area you are adhering it to. Dirt does get in the way. I held sensors in place and opened and closed windows before stinking anything. It worked great. The map idea made it easy also. The remote keypad took a little figuring on mounting it. I do plan on adding more of the sensors and detectors around as I get more time to dive deeper into it and really get a nice system set up. As far as I am concerned, this is a great system and is well worth the money spent.

I bought the AAS V600 one week ago, the seller shipped it out immediately. The

product is great, delivering all functionalities as it promised. Yet it does look cheap, and I hope it sticks with the test of time. But I

won't complain on that because of the price. I am VERY content about the powerful functionalities of V-series AAS controller: it has 99

zones, including door chime zone and power zone to eliminate false alarms; it has good dial up functionalities which would call couple of

phone numbers once alarm triggered; you can also access the machine via phone. If landline is not available, you can still arm the system,

if triggered, it would still keep armed and useful. It's indeed an affordable solution with professional system functions.

With all that being said, I do need to point out some areas for improvement for this product and the carrying company:

1. The main manual is clear enough. However, manuals from independent units are written in broken english and full of typos, such as the

manual from PIR and Glass Breaker. Please do fix the typo, it won't even take an hour to make the product more decent looking.

2. The outdoor siren and indoor wireless siren are not really wireless in applicable sense, because they are still using AC power. This

should be switched to battery powered units.

3. There definitely need to be a phone number I can call if I should have any questions. It took them 2 days to answer my email. A phone

call would definitely be faster.

In short, great product of strong professional capacity with affordable price, poor unit manual, improvable customer service.

This is the third AAS, Inc., DIY System that I have purchased, from AMAZON.COM, AAS-V700 Wireless Home Security Alarm System Kit DIY (R)at different times within the last two months, Two v700's and one v600, one for my home, one for my daughter's home and one for a relative's home. The units are delivered promptly, when activated, all units and sensors worked, and were easy to install. I needed one zoning question answered and Eve, the tech rep for AAS, Inc. was outstanding, helpful and know what she was talking about. I was also pleased and surprised to learn that the unit's signal strength was good enough to include protection for my detached garage and office. The individual kits included everything that I needed to provide good protection to the individual homes that they were installed on. Since I have bought three of these units, it should be clear and there is no question, but that I am completely satisfied with the cost and quality of these units and recommend these security systems for anyone desiring an outstanding security system, Do It Yourself, Kit.

Truly one great product, love the telephone notice feature included, when the alarm is tripped. Joseph, California - Security - Home Security - Home Securtiy - Home Security Systems'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


security Home Securtiy - security, home securtiy