Sunday 5 June 2011

Jewelry Making Tools - repair kits, glasses repair kit


The screwdriver in this set is pretty much useless. Perhaps if you have a child sized hand, the handle would be big enough to actually put some strength behind it, but otherwise if the screw isn't already loose or needing to be tightened to a real level, you're better off with another set! SE Eyeglass Repair Kit, Tube

I lost the screw in a nose piece on my glasses and ordered this to fix it. None of the screws that came with it were small enough though. It worked great to tighten the screws in the arms of the glasses though.

This kit is worthless unless you have some very old glasses, I am talking twenty years old.



The screwdriver that comes with it is has such a tiny head that it did not fit on any of the three pairs that had loose screws that needed tightening. The kit also came with nine tiny screws, all of the same size that were too small for me to use on any of my glasses should I have wanted to replace the loose screws. The adhesive on the two nose pads was inadequate and lasted all of two days on both pads.



All things considered this kit was worthless to me since none of my glasses are very old. The one positive thing that I can say about this purchase is that I am glad that I only paid $2.88, a price which I see has now increased by over 1/3--a rip off IMHO!



I would not recommend this kit to anyone with eyeglasses that are not older than twenty years, because according to my optometrist/aunt, that's about when the small screws were phased out.

Okay....I recommend that you should not buy this item. The material that the flat-head screw driver is made of is sooo weak. The first time I used it, it chipped. Not worth the buy. Make the effort to go to your eye-glass store of choice to tighten or fix your glasses.

I bought this kit to replace the nose pads on my glasses. The other parts that the kit includes (screw driver, screws, and grommets) are well constructed. The screw driver worked well and within seconds I had the existing nose pads removed from my glasses. However, when I went to replace the nose pads, I noticed that nose pads included in this kit have ADHESIVE on them as the only means by which to install them on a pair of glasses. That's right, ADHESIVE. They are merely thin foam pads with a piece of paper that is removed to expose the adhesive. While this may work as a short-term solution, clearly it won't last as long as other nose pads that actually screw into a pair of glasses.



In short, I recommend buying this kit if you needs screws or a screw driver so that you can repair your glasses in a pinch, but if you want quality, long-lasting nose pads I suggest looking elsewhere.

This little kit worked wonders for my broken glasses. With a little bit of super glue, I got my glasses back in working order. The kit comes with nose pads and screws (which is so convenient if you've ever lost a nose pad before) and the screwdriver is so easy to use considering how small it is.

I tried several tools to unscrew my eyeglasses and didn't work. So, I searched for the right tool and found it. I'm amazed that they cost very, very little. I tried to unscrew with it, it worked perfect and easy. I can't think of any negative about it. There is none. I'm happy that I purchased it. - Eye Glasses Repair Kit - Repair Kits - Glasses - Glasses Repair Kit'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Jewelry Making Tools - repair kits, glasses repair kit repair kits Jewelry Making Tools - repair kits, glasses repair kit