Wednesday 8 June 2011

Leather Case - nook cover, nook color


Nice leather case that is actually leather. Nice hardware on the zippers as well. The tabs feel strong and sturdy. The fact that I can zip up the NookColor is a great feature in my opinion. The only thing I wish this had was instead of a place for credit cards that I, as a male, would not use, instead, a place for micro SD cards to be stored. No one is offering that and that would be a great seller I would think. Don't forget my royalties RooCase. hehe. rooCASE Executive Leather Portfolio (Black) Case Cover with Stand for Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor Nook Color eBook Reader

When I bought my Nook Color, I couldn't beleive how limited the choices of covers were for it. Essentially, it all came down to a choice between a sleeve that must be completely removed to use the device or a folder-like "case" that offered no protect to sides of the device. I was very clear what I wanted: a case that completely enclosed the device, closing on all sides with a zipper; free access to all controls and ports on the device; completely open access to the entire screen. After several days of hunting online, this is the ONLY one I found. It does everything I wanted leaving room for only two minor quibbles.

1) the zipper can slightly obscure the charging port.

and

2) the zipper pulls are a bit larger than needed, occassionally getting in the way.



Other than that, the price is good, the build quality seems very good and it does everything I wanted.



I'm glad I found this case.

I have been looking for a protective case for my nook color, after some research I found this one, I bought it, and here are my comments:



- Fits perfectly to Nook color

- Once that is closed, the nook is protected from dust or any other environmental particles

- the nook is really protected since the internally the case cover all the sides and corners of the nook

- It is complete designed for Nook color, every button fits perfectly and you will access to On/off, volume and USB port

- The leather feels good on hand and you really get a feeling of protection on your nook

- Once on it, you can carry your nook just like a book.



I hope this will be helpful.



Regards,

I wanted to try the product for several days before I left any review on it. After several days, I feel confident that I can give an accurate assessment of the product. The product is labelled as being made from leather. It does have thick and strong texture like the full grain leather but the backing of the leather leaves me wondering whether it is imitation or synthetic. Leather also has a distinctive leather smell (from the tanning process) and this one is more chemical like. The inside of the cover is lined with synthetic suede. The cover core seems to be made from cardboard and so it is quite stiff. Some people may not mind it but I find I could not fold the front cover to the back of the Nook like I normally do with paperback book covers. The cardboard core stiffness did not give me confidence that it was a high quality product.



The way the color Nook is placed in this product is to slide it in from the top. It does have the appropriate openings for the volume controls, the off switch and the jack for the microUSB. The challenge for me was the zipper part sort of blocks the clean entry of the microUSB plug into the Nook and also pushing the microUSB into the Nook would make the Nook slide out this "leather" cover. Since it was so easy to slide the Nook in and out, I thought that this could present the danger if I had the cover unzipped and I had it upside down that the Nook could fall out the cover and into the ground (HORROR!!). So I am making the habit to at least zip the top part of this cover so it will not happen.



It is my opinion that the price I paid for is a little high for this product. It is stylish and protective for the Nook and OK for utility. The stand is only for horizontal landscape mode and if I was reading email, I would have to turn the Nook in vertical mode and this cover does not seem to have the facility and so I have to hold it in my hands.



ADDENDUM:



I had this cover on my Nook for a while and it is when I am reading the Nook that I notice strongly that I cannot set the Nook on its stand to read a book because of the horizontal stand. Nook Books are only for the vertical direction. So I have to hold it in my hand all the time or lay it flat on the table.

i really couldn't tell from the picture if i would like this case or not. when i got the case the first thing i notice was how slim and professional looking it was. i love the case and as soon as my mother and niece buy their nook i am going to refer them to this case.

Very well built. Looks like "executive". Decent leather, nice inner coating, sort of like suede. Couple of inner pockets and one partition to store some thin stuff.



This is currently the best case for those that want to watch movies when NC is standing on the table. It should be perfect to use on airplane, too.

Unlike other cases with horizontal kickstand that cost $50 and more, this one allows flexible angle. It allows Nook to stand stable with display being inclined at any angle between 30 and 70 degrees from vertical (approximately). Kickstand doesn't slip on polished wood or plastic and when it's not used it attaches to case with magnet. Volume buttons are unobstructed, as well as power button and power/USB socket.



It's a very well designed case that suits Nook Color perfectly.

Knitting seems to be cheap, one thread broke, but this is cosmetic, it doesn't affect functionality, overall it seems to be sturdy.

From my research I could not find better NC case with flexible horizontal kickstand for any money, so this is definitely 5 stars. - Nook Color - Nook Cover - Nook Case - Leather Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Leather Case - nook cover, nook color leather case Leather Case - nook cover, nook color