Wednesday 8 June 2011

Digital Audio - playstation 3, audio


While this cable will indeed provide a path for photons to move as with any other optical cable, the connectors are very poorly made. I'm guessing that they don't meet the mechanical specs for toslink, as they don't hold themselves in the jacks as they are supposed to. I literally had to use tape on one of the connectors to keep it from falling out of the port under no more pressure than its own weight. Correctly designed toslink cables stay in the same jack just fine.



Conclusion: Don't spend $100 on an optical cable (since they all perform exactly the same as far as data is concerned,) but do get one with good connectors (which can be had at reasonable prices, but apparently not this low.) Of course, for any form of digital data, whether electronic (HDMI, DVI, etc.) or optical (toslink, fibrechannel, etc.,) there is no difference in signal quality as long as the data actually gets to the other end, so a medium-cheap cable will perform *exactly* the same as an expensive "high-end" cable, unless you are in an environment with an incredibly high amount of electromagnetic noise (at which point you shouldn't have your TV or receiver [or yourself] there anyway.) 12 FT Digital Audio Optical TOSLink Cable Optic 12ft

12 FT Digital Audio Optical TOSLink Cable Optic 12ft



I recently purchased these cables and I am glad to say they are fantastic. I was hesitant initially due to some reviews saying that the cable didn't fit properly. When I received the cables I realized that those who are inserting the cables, claiming they don't fit, are putting the cables in upside down. So if you have difficulty initially, just turn it so that the rounded portion of the male plug faces down, (which the receptacles have all the rounded portions on the bottom of all of my equipment) and then it should just snap right in! So with that, I highly recommend this cable and you can't beat the price!

Can't beat the price on this puppy! I needed something longer than the standard 6' optic cables for my audio receiver and this cable works great in terms of the extra length. I know that some folks have stated that it's too loose, which I did notice as well regardless of whether I inserted it every way possible. A quick remedy is to simply use some plumber's tape and wrap it around the end before connecting to my receiver.

12 FT Digital Audio Optical TOSLink Cable Optic 12ft

I bought this cable based on the reviews and Amazon's reputation. I received the cables in record time, however, neither of the two cables I purchased fit properly. The fiber tip is approximately 1/16" too long to fit properly in any of my audio equipment. I nearly damaged my audio unit's digital jack trying to get it to "snap" in like all my others do. It may work fine, but without being able to click the connector in it certainly will not stay put.

You can easily spend 6-8 times as much for a 12' TOSLINK cable, but there is no good reason to do so. This cable works well and the signal is digital, so there is no improved performance to be had from the name brand cables.

ONE THING: DURABILITY!

This cable delivers the PERFECT 5.1 through my logitech Z5500, perfect. It is a perfect cable that does what it is suppose to do, and it is inexpensive. Please get it, it is perfect, hands down. The infared in it is better than wires, get it, stop contemplating.

The fiber gets the digital signal to my Onkyo just fine, but the sheathing and the connectors are quite cheap (considering the price for a 12' foot optical cable I wonder why...). As long as it stands the test of time I'll be happy. I just wouldn't recommend this cable to anyone who needs to disconnect, move/bend and reconnect it often. But since all of the bits end up at the receiver (will always transfer sound the same as any other optical or digital coaxial cable) its a good bargain.



UPDATE: The cable pictured and described, with the molded relief connectors and the heavy sheathing is not the cable I received, thus the ramblings about lack of construction quality. - Audio - Low Cost - Digital Audio - Playstation 3'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Digital Audio - playstation 3, audio audio Digital Audio - playstation 3, audio