Wednesday 8 June 2011

Camping Lantern - lid, led lantern


This battery recently powered my Coleman 4D XPS LED Duo Lantern for two long winter camping nights in sub-freezing temperature. The light dimmed in the near zero temperature, but it was still bright enough to see by, and it never went out. I ran the light approximately 8 hours each night and it still had juice when I got home. It recharged completely in less than an hour.



My one complaint is that the power plug connects at the bottom of the battery, so it can't sit flat while charging. This connection should be on the side or recessed like you see on a cordless phone base. This is minor and does not really affect performance.



One missing feature is a power meter that let's you know if your battery is fully charged or nearly dead.



This battery will save many disposables from going into the trash and it keeps me from running out at the last second for new batteries. Coleman CPX6 Battery Rechargeable Battery Pack

This battery pack is only useful for short periods of power outages. If household power is out for an extended period, there's no way to recharge it. I bought it in case I run out of D batteries for the Coleman Portable Charger, but it's yet another piece of equipment with a bulky transformer that needs an open electrical outlet handy to keep it charged. Glad I have it, just in case I need it, but doubt I use it very often.

If you have a Coleman lantern that this fits, just buy it. Have you priced good batteries lately? It will more than pay for itself in no time. This rechargeable pack is ingenious and lasts a long, long time. I have never run it down, so I can't attest to how long it lasts, but it got me all the way through Pride And Prejudice again.

What a fantastic option. I recently purchased a coleman lantern to use this pack with and love not having to worry about constantly buying D batteries, and carrying extra batteries just in case. This pack charges from a standard outlet or from in your car.

This pack makes the several "XPS" model Coleman lanterns even more practical. Now I have a battery that I can recharge which allows me to use the lantern daily and not waste disposable "D" cells. The battery is cheaper at Wal-Mart but I decided to get it and the lantern at the same time so accepted the higher fee. The lantern was a better deal through Amazon so I think it balanced out. Coleman products are quality and well thought out.

We bought the Coleman 6V XPS Rechargeable Battery Pack hoping to never have to buy D size batteries for the new Coleman 4D XPS LED Duo Lantern. What a great addition and to have it be car rechargeable is a perfect addition while camping. Great quality!

I love the convenience of rechargeable batteries. We got it and charged it for the recommended hours. Then I inserted into the CPX 6 tent Fan/light combo. I placed it on high and started the timer. It barely made 4 hours.

ordered two battery packs to go with my Coleman CPX6 compatible Tent Fan w/Light (model #2000006895) and a Coleman 4D CPX LED Duo Lantern (model #2000002653) i grabbed at REI. received them promptly. because they're new batteries, i immediately discharged them fully in the tent fan because its the hardest-drawing between the two. both batteries were discharged fully (fan had stopped working) within an hour each. immediately charged both batteries in the provided wall charger for 48 hours each (as recommended in the instructions for full discharge) to ensure full charge. tested one battery in the fan on low setting to test estimated life of battery so i could determine whether to bring one battery or both to power my fan on my upcoming camping trip. first battery lasted no longer than 4 hours. perplexed, i tested the second battery the same and got approximately 5 hours of life. both were far short of the Coleman-advertised 30+ hours. recharged both batteries again for 48 hours and retested again. similar results for each...approx 5 hours. to test as a control, i went out and bought 4 Duracell D-cell batteries and ran fan on same low setting as prior. D-cells gave me more than 40 hours of continuous power before I had to shut it down to leave for my trip. needless to say, the Coleman CPX6 rechargeables stayed home and are in the process of being returned for a refund. kinda sucks because I've had a ton of Coleman products over the years and this is the only product i haven't been thrilled with. meh, oh well. thanks to amazon for being cool with refunds.

We bought this item for camping but also to use at home in the lantern as emergency lighting during power outages. It was purchased in Nov., used on one camping trip the first weekend in Dec. but then not again until mid-Feb when we went camping again. The morning we packed I turned it on to find the battery almost completely drained which surprised me since it had some good reviews. I called Coleman only to be told that this type of battery will not hold a charge when not being used, even for a month between camping trips and then it has to be charged for 18 hours. This renders it completely useless for an impromptu trip as we can't just pull it out and have it ready to go. So according to Coleman it is working just like it is supposed to, only that is not good for us. I feel this should be made known in the product discription or at least in the instructions. We will be returning our cartridge. - Lantern - Led Lantern - Camping Lantern - Lid'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Camping Lantern - lid, led lantern led lantern Camping Lantern - lid, led lantern