Thursday 26 May 2011

Video Production - good, web cam


It's not high resolution, but it's great quality anyway.



It's virtually no set up, just plug it into your USB port and go! You may have to restart your computer with it plugged in if it doesn't work the first time.



No, there's no mic attached, but it's a $10 digital camera and most laptops have mics built in (like mine) so I didn't worry about it.



The light brightness is adjustable with a little knob on the cord (like those old-fashioned lights with the rotating on/off switch)



The lights are the perfect color to convey a real color image.



I live hundreds of miles from friends and family and I'll soon be living thousands of miles away, it's great to keep in touch!



For $10, you won't find better! 6 LED USB PC Webcam Web Camera + Night Vision for Desktop PC Laptop Notebook, MSN, ICQ, AIM, Skype, Net Meeting

The camera comes in a box. No instructions, no notes on how to install, no directions, no hint of a web site to go to for help.

Doesn't work at all with XP, barely works with Vista.

Seller says it should start up automatically when installed. It doesn't.

I bought 2 of these cameras for family, so we could keep in touch (using skype)while I am abroad. The camera's add states it's perfect for video conferencing and skype, so I guess it is my fault that I interpreted his to mean that it had a mic, that you could hear the person using it, NOPE. Very disappointing. The people I gave it to say the lights on it are too bright and blind them, and I have noticed the poor picture quality. Not impressed.

I'm a old and frequent customer of Amazon.com but am very disappointed with this transaction.



This camera came with a micro dvd and no instructions. There is no Mfg. p/n or model number on the camera or the dvd.



Plug and play did not work. I tried multible times to load the software and drivers and was unable to make it work.



I have extensive experience with computers and this episode has gotten me totally disgusted.



L.Fuechtmann

This is a low quality camera that cannot keep up with even the slowest movements. It works right out of the "bag" and the lights are bright. Those two things are they only positive things about this camera. It amuses me that some people say this camera has a Mic included let me set the record straight IT DOES NOT! I have used this camera on Skype and AIM and at the end of the day it is just not worth the money. Please do not buy this camera as there are better cameras out there. I am using the old xbox live vision camera in place of this one. If you have used that camera before you will know that is saying a lot.

Ordered two of these for a project that involves using a laptop to record video of an automobile's suspention while driving. Two were ordered in case one became a victim of the task. This product comes with a mini cd and nothing else. You have to search in the folders on the disk until you find the installer. The installer loads and when done asks for a reboot. After reboot I noted a 1 inch X 1 inch message box with one word, ERROR and nothing else. Plugged in the cam, the LEDs came on and launched the program then another message, "this graph cannot preview" and the spaces where you should see text on the program interface was nothing but boxes = buggy software. uninstalled and reinstalled from the second cd and the same exact thing all over again. Tried the install on a different PC and exact same results as before. Both PCs were running Win2000 Pro on a P4 1.6 Ghz W/1 Gig of ram. You may get it to run with another OS but for my money I now have a new source of spare parts X2 with matching drink coasters. Rebooting with the cam ported does not help/fix the issue.

I am a technician by trade and after fighting with the hardware manager with no good outcome it was time to smash something. AVOID. Hope this helps.

It isn't a super high quality camera, obviously, and you'll have to buy a microphone to go with it (which you can also buy really cheap). However, you can see the person's face on the other end well enough, and it worked with what I needed. Simple, easy, low tech, VERY low price. If you need something with clarity, don't buy it. If you want one just to mess around with and chat with some old friends every once in awhile and you don't need a high-end product, this is a good match for you.

I had a little trouble with this product in the beginning, not because of the product itself, but because of what I received when it was shipped. The seller took care of this problem, which I was really satisfied about. I use this webcam to chat with my friends and when I first used it, I was soo shocked by how clear it was compared to my last one. I could actually see myself and my friends could actually see me! The night vision lights can be bright, but by controlling the brightness of the lights, its still great quality and it makes it look like you're not even in the dark. - Webcam - Web Cam - Good - Cheap'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information