Thursday 26 May 2011

Laminators - laminator, laminating supplies


I purchased both the laminating machine and pouches of various sizes for my mother this Christmas. She is a laminating junkie and laminates just about everything she can including pictures, proof of insurance certificates, newspaper clippings, recipe cards and even recipes pulled from magazines. Its important to note that my mother is about as anti tech as one can possibly get. It took me a couple years just to get her operating a Mac laptop efficiently. When it comes to technology, she finds even the simplest of things difficult, lol. Anyways, she figured out how to operate the laminating machine in just a few minutes. That's how simple it is to use this system.



The pouches are fantastic as they make aligning of the item super easy. You just pop the item into the pouch and send it through the laminating machine and your all set. The quality is absolutely perfect. No air bubbles and no creases, just a perfectly laminated item. Considering how cheap the laminating machine is, something like this is a no-brainer for people like my mother. The pouches run anywhere from 20 to 33 cents each depending on size.



Bottom line - This system is extremely affordable and about as easy as something can be to operate. The lamination of important documents is just a smart idea and with a system as easy and affordable as this.....well there is really no reason not to. Highly recommended.



5 stars! Scotch(TM) Thermal Laminating Pouches, 2.36 Inches x 3.74 Inches, 20 Pouches (TP5851-20)

I purchased 2.36" x 3.74" laminate pockets to create promotional material I enclose with my artwork. I create a double sided insert my business card on one side and a pocket calendar on the other side, laminate and enclose it package I sent to my customers. I also found them handy for creating quick references that go into my wallet, such as important phone numbers.



The laminating pouches are of perfect size for this application, there is no need to trim them when they are sealed. They laminated perfectly without bubbles.



One tip I can share on laminating which I learned on my own mistake: Do not start laminating until the green light on the machine goes on! It takes a long time, more than 5 minutes. The first time I used the machine I did not realize you are supposed to wait, I thought maybe it would go on when I was done laminating. But that resulted in bubbles (which can be corrected by running it through the machine again).



Photo posted with this review: (1) laminating machine with the green light circled; (2) pouches in the package next to a pen for size reference.

20 in a package is great ... that will last me a while. I used these to laminate my CPR and a couple other cards and they went though without a problem. They are steardy and look like they will protect the card for as long as i have them! - Laminating Supplies - Laminating Machines - Laminator - Home Laminator'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information