Thursday 26 May 2011

Natural Remedies - natural health, hormones


Source Naturals Natural Progesterone Cream, 4 oz (113.4 g) I've been using progesterone cream for years, with great effect. This particular brand is the nicest I've used. I really like the rosemary scent, and the ingredients are all natural. The feel of this cream is perfect; light and non-greasy, but nourishing. I like that it comes in a pot instead of a tube. It's easier to use up every little bit of it, and you can see exactly how much you have left. I highly recommend this progesterone cream.Source Naturals Natural Progesterone Cream, 4 Ounce (113.4 g)

Used this for a couple months. I bought it because I thought it could help with PMS symptoms and to help with Luteal Phase. Anyhow, after 2 months, this did -0- for me. So, I tried the Paraben free exact same version of this with less chemicals, both bought at the local Vitamin Shoppe in FL. And still nothing, no relief, no longer luteal phase.. Nothing! I did more research and found out why. This particular product ingredients contains "wild yam extract" from what I read about it, is basically useless and this product is based from soy (isnt soy an estrogen base?, so why would u use an estrogen when u wnat to increase your progesterone??) (also, aren't some, most soy made in the usa genetically modified??,(not for me..). Two double negatives!. Wild Yam Extract does nothing and your body can't absorb it as a progesterone, because its not, its soy based. So all these other people with their 5 star reviews all I can say is Have you ever heard of placebo effect?. You believe it will work so it does!



Also, since this does not contain the "natural" USP progesterone that we need to help us, thus this product did not work on me. Also, check out the ingredients and do your own research, I am not a doctor, but I can read. This ingredient list here is super scary, chemicals and for me not helpful. Be careful with your hormones. I bought these because it was way cheaper for the size. But in life it is true, you get what you pay for!



I am not picking on this product, but the fact is We get what we pay for. And cheaper is not always better, especially when messing with your hormones. So please, please be careful. This product caused no side effects on me nor did it help my symptoms. I would simply have to say it was a 100% waste of money, at least for me. Positively speaking, I guess it moisturized the areas I used it on! Big Whoopee!



HOPE: I found a more expensive, natural, alternative, with less then a dozen natural ingredients. FYI: it is Oasis Serene (found online) and have taken that now for 3 months and wow, it is truly amazing. I just rub it on a different place each morning and night after I Ovulate and It does what it should. I can sleep through the nights, I am calm, I have more energy, My PMS symptoms are mostly gone, no more sore boobs before AF, no more cramps b4 AF and best of all my AF is regular, I have a longer luteal phase, which is what I was looking for as well. This did exactly what I needed this product to do.



Good Luck to all

I have used the first jar of the product and it was more than enough for 2 months. My menopause symptoms have diminished and my libido has improved. I love the fact that I don't have to go shopping for it as it will be delivered to my home and the price is much lower as I had previously paid at the Health Store even thou it was supposed to have been lowered in price...

After feeling lousy for over a year, I guessed it was hormonal (age 50). The dr. did bloodwork and yes, my hormones were out of whack. I didn't do anything about it for a year, then decided to go online and do a little research. I came across this product (bought it from another site for nearly 50% cheaper)and have been using it for nearly 3 weeks. Some of my original symptoms were typical: extreme fatigue, nor energy or motivation, insomnia, mood swings, hair thinning, depression. Some of my more unusual symptoms: itching deep inside my ear like a bug was in there, benign positional vertigo (ended up in the hospital), severe reflux (or so they said), fingernail pitting. The reflux happened over night nearly 2 years ago. They insisted it was that but no medication helped (after an endoscopy and esophageal dilation). After a year on meds, I became sicker so I was told to stop taking them. Much better. But as the other symptoms progressed, I tried the product. Within a week, my symptoms were nearly all gone...easily 90% improved. It's been nearly 3 weeks now and I feel like a brand new person. One wrote a review about the placebo effect. How does one's nails nearly all clear up when they were like that for over a year? All I can say is that it is working for me and I will continue to use it. For others out there, give it a try--I'd recommend giving it a couple of months. The only side effect that I had, and it went away after a week, was a dull headache. Good luck to all of you out there with these symptoms and I hope you find relief. Just be skeptical when a dr. is quick to say it is 'this or that' and prescribe you meds for something you may or may not have, when all along it could be estrogen dominance. Do a little research and then try this product. It is a life saver for me!

Update 8/24/10: Still working great and I am thrilled with it. Also, I have lost the 5 pesky pounds (and 5 more to go) that I have been wanting to. I noticed this product is sold in two formulas--with and without parabens. I purchased mine on another site and it did not contain parabens (a perservative). Possibly, the paraben free is a newer, improved product. Incidentally, I just went to order more and the site is out of stock as IS the manufacturer. I was able to find a site that sold the paraben free and still had it in stock, so I am ordering multiple jars. Hopefully, they still have it when it comes time to ship! Love, love, love this product!

Update 10/20/10: Still works like a charm and I will keep using it. I went in for my annual exam and the dr. was going to put me on progesterone but told him that I was taking it. He gave me the go ahead to continue on. And he did say to try to use the paraben free as some may be allergic to the preservative. - Menopause - Hormones - Natural Health - Progesterone Cream'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information