Thursday 26 May 2011

Video Capture Cable - video, usb


This works reliably with Win 7 64 bit. It is the same device as the One Touch Grabber, also available here.



There is no control of sample rates or specifications. DVD quality is 720 x 480 standard at about 5+ Mbs variable bit rate. I would have

liked a higher bit rate. The audio is a substandard 215 kbs. There is no audio level control, but the capture is at a decent level. The

capture software forgets the video settings such as contrast, which must be manually reset each time you start up.



The main issue I have is that the video capture is somewhat grainy, I suspect due to a low bit AD converter. This is not as high a quality as

Hauppauge, for example. It works fine as long as you do not enlarge the picture beyond standard, and that many people do since they have

higher res monitors.



This device can be found from many sources, some even less expensively than here. There is no facility for Youtube conversion and transfer, although that

is often advertised with this product. Mygica EZgrabber2 USB 2.0 Video Capture Adapter Device, Direct Video Uploading to YouTube, ipod and PSP Conversion, Windows 7 Ready, Convert Home Videos, TV Show or Gameplay to Quality DVDs with a Push on the Button

I tried and had to return another product, which was shoddy material and marginal software.



Connecting my hi-quality 4Head Toshiba VCR to my PC with this converter produced outstanding image quality. The first-class software that comes with it does the job simply and competently.



The manufacturer provides all the needed cabling. This product is complete, both hardware and software. And the quality is outstanding.

Works exactly as promised. Downloads easily and ready to go in just a few minutes no problems. I'm a knowledgable novice (i.e. I usually know just enough to get myself in trouble) and I found it to be very easy to install and use. I have Windows 7 and the package only showed it supported upto Windows Vista but still didn't have any problems. It may not be the top of the line but for the price and what it's able to do it's hard to beat. I used it to transfer old camcorder tapes to my computer so I could burn them onto DVD's ... worked great.

Upon receiving the product I immediately emailed the vendor to make sure it was the right one as the package just said Ezgrabber and I had ordered the EZgrabber2. It was the correct one. I used a link from the vendor I received in email to make sure I was installing the most current version of the software and drivers for Windows 7. So internet installed; not cd supplied with product. I wanted to make sure before I did any install that I had the correct version/drivers for my pc. I have a very new laptop. The old movies I copied were grainy and if the old vcr tape was worn; there was a buzzing sound. The better quality the old tape of course, the better the end result; I used the VHS to DVD converter software. If I wanted my end result to fit on a single dvd, the first thing to do is determine the length of the original tape. Then I used the "chart" that tells the length that is supported by "normal/best" etc, the resulting choice type. This is found in the pdf Help document that comes with the product. If I didn't do that; the result I created will be split into multiple files and not fit on a single DVD. Capture types NTSC and DVD. If I copied something really short then I just picked "best" to get the best quality possible. It's not a good idea to have both the onetouch software running/open and the vhs to dvd at the same time. Don't let your computer go to sleep/power down mode during a dvd burn; it won't finalize the dvd and you'll waste the dvd. I used the movie capture with a time setting that I set a couple minutes longer than what I thought I would need and then could leave the computer unattended while it did a long copy; worked well.

- I used the onetouch software with cassette tapes; under the record setting and set it to go straight to mp3. Nothing fancy here.

I used the cables that came with the product and never tried to use the button on the Ezgrabber. I always used the buttons on the computer software. If you are comfortable with computer software and a "jump in" approach you should be able to get going pretty quickly.

- Wish I had done this years ago; the 20+ yr old home movies of my family would have been so much better; the older the tapes the more quality is lost.

Having an aging VCR and Hi8 video collection, I wanted to convert these tapes to a digital format that I could burn to DVD's. After several weeks of research, reading every review I could find on video capture devices, I settled for the EZgrabber2. Notice that I said settled. If you perform the same research, you'll find most devices on the market today are dated, (some I researched have old or no web support at all), have both negative and positive reviews (Its tough sorting out the technical savvy of the reviewers)and most don't specify if they will work on Win7 64 bit OS systems. As for the EZgrabber 2, most reviews were positive, one said that it did work on Win7 64 bit OS systems and for $30 I could give it a try without hurting my wallet. Please note, I would have spent up to $200 if I found a device that I had confidence would work with my system. The truth is, I found no such device on the market today. Allot of devices may work with Win7 64 bit OS systems but finding that info is near impossible. The included instructions for EZgrabber2 were vague, especially since it was not updated for Win7 64 bit OS systems. Using the included CD, my first installation attempt failed. I went to their website and downloaded the drivers for Win7 64 bit OS. It installed properly and now works flawlessly. The included software is adequate for producing simple transfers. I gave it 4 stars because it works and deducted 1 star because the CD and instructions need to be updated. - Usb Video Capture - Video - Usb - Vhs To Dvd Transfer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information