Sunday 22 May 2011

Laminating Pouches


The Fellowes brand was a little better than the Staples brand in that the there were little waves in the Staples brand after lamination that were not present in the Fellowes laminations. These are the only two brands of pouches I have tried. I was using the Fellowes Saturn 125 laminator. Fellowes 3 Mil 9 x 11.5 Inch Glossy Pouches 100 Pack (52454)

With a Fellowes laminator I have laminated several sizes of paper objects. When laminating papers smaller than 8 1/2 x 11 it is important to leave a sealed margin around the whole object when cutting otherwise the seal will not be waterproof. If the margin is kept I have found the laminated papers will stay unmarred by a driving rain storm. We make signs for our stand at a farmers' market so have plenty of water to contend with, shaken off of vegetables or on a rainy day. No problem with the Fellowes laminated paper signs. If you are under the gun to get laminations out quickly be sure to allow time for the laminator to warm up before you can make signs. Also, I make sure that I can "receive" the laminated pages after they flow through the laminator. That way they will be sure to "dry" flat. In other words I would suggest not attempting to use the laminator unattended.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information