Sunday 22 May 2011

Cassette To Cd Transfer - honestech, vhs to dvd transfer


This product sounded too good to be true and for me it was not good. Installation was easy, no problems. I connected my video camera and the USB box and copied over my first tape. That is when problems started:

1. Sound timing is off, voices and mouths are not in sync.

2. In edit mode the transition effects from one scene to the next do not work.

3. When creating a DVD the program would start and then just crash. After several times I finally figured out that I had to download a patch from their website. I did that, but the program continues to crash, each time locking my DVD drive so I have to reboot the computer to remove the DVD.



Not a very good product. VHS To DVD 3.0 Deluxe

I was very hopeful when I received this product. I don't have a lot of VHS tapes to transfer and after reading glowing reviews thought this would be perfect. I have several segments that I needed to get to DVD to help a friend.



I began to transfer VHS tapes using the standard video cables. I have a P IV 3 GHz Dell Dimension with XP Professional, above the needed configuration.



Video was very choppy with many an escessive number of dropped frames. Upgraded PC memory to 2GB, hoping that would eliminate the choppiness. It didn't. Used my external harddrvie for the capture and that helped (perhaps internal harddrive was not spinning fast enough, although that seems odd).



During capture, program would randomly stop, requiring me to start all over again. I watched one tape segment 10 times trying to get the 15 minutes of video to transfer.



Audio is off by a second (or slightly more) so - it's VERY distracting and is not watchable.



I can't find a way to edit the files to correct the audio problem and have not been able to figure out how to cut scenes.



I have been very frustrated. I ended up using my VHS/DVR deck and buying Roxio Media Center so I can edit the DVD format from that, which was exactly what I was trying to avoid by capturing the video directly from the VCR to a format I could edit.

This is an AMAZING product and you won't find a better price, throw in free shipping and you are crazy not to get this product. After searching for a great system, numerous computer site reviews and user reviews lead me to this product. Simple, easy, straight forward. Just be sure you go to the product home page and download the latest drivers so you won't get an error message like I did. I love it and within one afternoon I made a DVD of my home movies from several VHS tapes and now don't have to worry about losing these wonderful memories.

This product is probably ok for the person who just wants to transfer VHS tapes to DVDs for use on their computer. However, I was unable to get any DVD made by this system to run satisfactorily on any DVD player I tried besides my computer's DVD drive. In addition, a complex installation and registration system made it practically impossible to reload the software in the event of a computer crash. My recommendation would be to save your money.

Purchased this package based on reviews on Amazon and other sites to transfer many VHS to DVD to preserve. Installation was very easy to do. Did have some driver issues, but called company for tech suppot and got the answer I needed. I use Widows Vista Home for my operating system. Found it interesting too that you can't have more than 28 characters in disc name prior to burning, or it will crash half-way through. Tech support helped me figure this issue out as well. As of this writing, I have burned 40-50 DVD's in the one month I have had the package. I would recommend this if you are looking to preserve your VHS memories. If you are looking for high defintion or hopng for great claity in viewing, this might not be the product. I like to remember that the DVD is only going to be as good as the original VHS source. So trying to take a tape recorded in the 1980's will only be as good an image as you can see playing the tape now. Happy Burning!!

Installed the software on my HP computer running Vista Home Premium Edition. Went to the web site to update patch. Plugged one end of the converter cables to my VCR and the other to my HP computer. Pushed "record" on the software menu and "play" on the VCR and after playing the tape, the video stored on my computer. Video resolution and audio quality are great. Used nominal CPU processing on my Intel Core Duo CPU. While I could have used the 3.0 software, I opted to use Windows Movie Maker to create menus, etc. and Windows DVD Maker to burn the DVD.

Although I am not a techno-geek, I was able to quickly transfer content from VHS to DVD and audio tapes to CD.



One note: if you are a Windows VISTA user like I am, you will first need to go to the Honest Technology website (www.honestech.com) and download a software patch. Otherwise, the audio in your CD or DVD will be "staticy" in places.



Other than that, this product is very easy to use! Worth every penny if you want to easily transfer audio tapes to CD or VHS tapes to DVD using "point and click" menus. - Vhs To Dvd Transfer - Vhs To Dvd 3 Deluxe - Honestech - Vista Compatible'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information