Sunday 22 May 2011

Health And Beauty - health and beauty, anti-aging


This is a new product to the Olay Pro-X line. Based on my experience I believe it will be quite popular. Product does not have a scent and is not gritty. Since you only use a small amount each time, product should last for a reasonable period. Skin feels/looks good after using. I am in my 50's with dryish skin, but I do not find this product drying.I will purchase it again. Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser, 6 Ounce

I am 50+ and this is by far the best exfoliating cleanser I have ever used, and I have used many

over the years. This does the job and does not ever leave my skin irritated or sensitive, and I have

sensitive skin. I highly recommend this product. I use it in conjunction with the Pro X moisturizer

and the Olay Regenerist Serum. Excellent!!!

I was skeptical about this Pro-X Cleanser because I'd just finished a tube of Olay Definity Pore Redefining Scrub, 5 fl oz (150 ml) Bottles (Pack of 2) and found it drying and a bit too abrasive. However, this Pro-X Exfoliating Cleanser is perfect: it is a scrub but behaves like a conditioning polish. As a previous reviewer stated, this product should last quite some time because less than a dime-sized dose takes care of my face, neck, throat, and hands (yes, I use it on my hands and have seen improvement on them, too!)

OK, I'd admit it. I'm a little embarrassed to review, let alone admit using, this product. I'm a fifty-something year-old man and, therefore, not exactly the target group this product was intended to serve.



Anyway, for any of the men out there approaching geezerdom and wondering about this product, here's my review.



I've never used any type of cream or cleansing product on my face before. Ever. My skin is probably a bit better than average for someone my age, but I was curious what, if anything, this product would do for me.



I've been using it for about a month now and am surprised to say it really has made a noticeable improvement in the appearance and overall health of my skin, which is now a little lighter and brighter in color and softer in texture. I use it once a day, usually at night.



Olay should provide more instructions. The directions basically say wash your face and pat dry. No information on how often or how much to scrub your face when using it. The sensation I get is what I would expect to feel sandpapering my face with a fine, maybe 600 grit, sandpaper with a little cream mixed in. That description is not meant to be derogatory, because I guess that's what a good exfoliating product should feel like. It's not unpleasant, but on the other hand is not exactly a walk in the park.



I may be using too much...I don't know. Is about a half a teaspoon too much? It's difficult to wash off completely and stings if any accidentally gets in your eyes. I'm also wondering if perhaps using it every other day rather than every day might be a better idea.



I'm going to keep using this cream, and feel confident recommending it to men. Can't speak for the ladies, although based on the reviews here they seem to like it, too. It's very effective and does what it's supposed to do, which is get rid of the very top layer of dead skin cells.

Loooooooooove this facial cleanser!!!!! The best way to use this product is to first wet your hands, squeeze out a pea size worth of cleanser on your finger, rub your hands together then scrub over DRY skin over entire face in a circular motion! You will get a really good scrub this way, remove all dead skin cells, make your skin look younger, alive and leaving it ever sooooooo soft!

I found a great deal on this product, so I bought it at the same time that I bought my Pro-x advanced cleansing system. Note that I have only used this cleanser in conjunction with Olay's advanced cleansing system.



For starters, the bottle is well designed and tough (it holds shape) with a sturdy pop-top that makes a robust "SNAP" when closed. This reassures me that no water or air is going to get into the bottle and degrade the cleanser.



You don't need much to clean your face because this stuff suds up great. There are tiny little granules in the cleanser which exfoliate moderately well. Those looking for a grittier, heavy duty scrub should look elsewhere. The cleanser itself does not smell that nice, but I suppose that I would prefer there not being any fragrances added to it.



The product is supposed to be formulated to be gentle enough to use every day and I have found that to be the case. It is not overly drying or scrubby. Sometimes I get the feeling that it doesn't wash off as cleanly as I like, but I have overlooked this and found no evidence [break outs] of there being any cleanser residue on my face.



Overall, I highly recommend this product, especially if you have the Olay Advanced Cleansing System, which I recently bought and now cannot live without. - Health And Beauty - Face - Anti-aging - Olay Pro-x'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information