Wednesday 20 April 2011

Usb Controller - gamepad, video games


It's a good controller. The D-Pad is separate buttons so its good for games like Tetris and Pacman. Analogue sticks are good. so far its worked on all the games I've played on it. But be careful when cutting the package open, I accidentally cut through the drivers disk(the disk only needed for rumble, the controller itself is plug and play). PC Computer Laptop USB 2.0 Game Controller Pad Dual- Shock

I would like to start off by saying the controller works great. The buttons area a but stiff at first, but they wear down with use. Other than that, I have no problem with the controller itself. As a plug and play, it's perfect.



The problem lies in the software (Included in the package on a minidisk). According to Norton Security, the drivers include a virus titled Infostealer.lineage. The description is as follows:





"Infostealer.Lineage is a Trojan horse that attempts to steal the password to the "Lineage" online game and send it to the creator of the Trojan."



Considering this is a keylogger virus, I wouldn't suggest downloading the drivers anytime soon.



When I contacted the sellers, they said that they contacted the manufactures then offered to send me fixed software. I refused, but I don't really need rumble...



Basically, if you're buying the controller for rumble, don't. Not unless you want to go through what I did.



If you're buying it just for the controller (without rumble) then do so. Just make sure not to install the drivers.

I got this controller because it was cheap and simple so i could play with my friends on emulators. i already had a Logitech duel action controller but wanted a second for cheap. all the inputs worked on the Logitech controller but this one has some unresolved issues.



I use the program xpadder (from [...]) to map the buttons and the default drivers make the left joy stick and the d-pad show up as the same input, (left on the joy stick is the same as left on the d-pad, same for up, down, and right) the same thing with the right joy stick and 1-4 buttons. This basically limits this controller to 2 joy sticks, start, select, and 4 triggers. this was enough for my purposes, but I think this would be a problem for most of the people looking at investing in a controller like this.



The disk that comes with the controller made my antivirus get a little upset but i installed anyway because i was going to format soon anyway and it didnt cause me any problems, but it didnt solve any ether.



If you want a controllerr for very simple games (like N-64 and other emulators) i would recommend this as a cheap alternative, but it wont ever let you use all the buttons and joy sticks at the same time.

I bought this controller to use for Emulators games and it work perfectly... as a controller. It's a plug and play so as soon as you plug it into the usb, the software is installed. Now the issue is the CD that came along with the controller. As soon as you put the CD in and open the file, your antivirus software will tell you it's a virus/trojan. I'm not familiar with what kind or how dangerous but I would recommend not installing anything just in case. I don't know why Frisby sell this product along with the questionable software. I believe the software on the CD is for the rumble but I can live without the rumble action.

This gamepad came with a driver disk that had a virus on it. Do not install the driver! Like many of the other reviews stated, the right stick is not programmable, and the controller does not work with games that use Windows Live.

I have used a NYKO controller without any problem whatsoever. I bought this one because it's shape and size is an exact duplicate of the SONY playstation controllers, which I am very familiar with. However, as soon as I inserted the driver disc my antivirus informed me that "infostealer.lineage", a volatile virus, was present in the "network joystick (VL807 090401).exe" file, one of the only 2 on the driver disc. I installed it anyway, figuring that my antivirus caught it on the disc, then it could remove it from the infected file after I loaded it and still use the controller. I play a lot of PC games, and the NYKO I have been using works fine, but i grew up on the play station and this is the only reason I bought the stupid thing. now I have a virus that is so deeply embedded in my operating system that even remote assistance with their diagnostic and removal tools cannot solve the problem. There is absolutly no technichal support or contact information provided by FRISBY the maker of this controller, and if a total wipe of my hard drive and days of reinstalling updates and programs doesn't remove this virus I will be forced to buy a new hard drive. I paid good money for my antivirus software and support, so maybe this virus goes undetected by these people saying how great this game pad is, but even after I installed it, the controller doesn't work. There is no way to map the controls and the right joy stick triggers the four buttons next to it. It is not even wired to function properly. The files on the disc are read only and can not be changed, so it was sent to me from the factory in this condition. I don't know the exact purpose, maybe to steal account information from MMORPGs, credit card numbers, who knows. I am absolutly disgusted with this product and wish I could find who ever is responsible for it because I want my money back. - Game Controller - Pc Controller - Gamepad - Video Games'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Usb Controller - gamepad, video games gamepad Usb Controller - gamepad, video games