Wednesday 20 April 2011

Diamond Blades


I am building a retaining wall and was going through the composite masonary blades . . . decided to go to the Home Depot for a diamond blade.$40.00+ Went on line and bought this blade on eBay. Works fantastic! It will cut cement blocks like they are butter. Neiko 7" Diamond Blade Wet / Dry Turbo for Circular, or Wet Tile Saw Tools

I needed a way to trim square concrete flagstone blocks for the edge of a patio, and was unwilling to spend $65 for a diamond saw for a few cuts. I saw this product and decided to risk the purchase price, and I can't tell you how delighted I am. The blade cut through the 3-inch concrete like it was pine. Of course the dust generated is another story. I highly recommend this product for your circular saw, but also recommend using a paint mask and cutting outside. :-))

I needed to cut down granite countertop for use in my work shop. Since this was a piece left over from a kitchen remodel, I didn't think I could justify the cost of a name brand blade. Perusing Amazon, I found this and another diamond blade from Coast-to-Coast. Given the price, I felt I could not go wrong and I didn't. The blade cut without a hitch! Perhaps not the best blades for long term use BUT, if you have a simple, one time job, these blades are highly recommended!

I poured a 24 x 32 concrete pad for a garage but my forms bowed out a bit. Buleprints called for the siding to overlap from the wall to the concrete by 1/2". Because my pad was up to 2.5 inches to wide in spots there was no way to do this and have the walls plumb. I had to cut the whole thing back to square. I was all set to go to the rental store and rent a big saw to do this but instead stopped by amazon first and the rest is history. Mounted this blade on an old beater circular saw and went to town. Blade performed way above my expectations and helped save my project! That was a lot of cutting for one blade and its still got life in it. You can cut along a straight edge or even carve with the side edge of the blade. As stated by someone else the mounting hole will probably need filed to fit on saw spindle, do not use a nice saw or it will get trashed, and wear a dust mask. Great Great Value!

You get what you pay for. But it got the job done.



I bought this diamond blade for my 7-1/4 inch circular saw to cut through some stucco for a door framing project. It was one of the least expensive circular diamond blades listed on amazon. I needed it for just that one job only and decided to go for it. The packaging did not make a good first impression - the plastic cover was mis-aligned with the cardboard backing. When I tried to make the blade fit on my circular saw, the mounting hole on the blade wouldn't fit on the circular saw. I got a bit aggravated because I had everything lined up to get the job completed that day and I got hung-up on the very first step. The hole on the blade looked to be the right size so I tried again. That's when I noticed that the mounting hole on the blade was a bit uneven. I used a rat-tail file to even out the edge of the mounting hole on the blade and that made the blade fit snugly on the circular saw.



Now for the good part. The blade cut through the stucco very smoothly. For safety, I made two passes to make the cut - raised the blade a bit for the first pass, and then lowered the blade for the second pass to cut all the way through the stucco. No snags, no kick-backs. Throws off a lot of dust, as expected, so use goggles and dust-mask. Made a sharp, crisp cut.

The saw blade was coarse and it ripped through the rocks that I was cutting with ease. The price was good and it was a good value. The only bad point was that it did leave chipped edges on surfaces which I cut.

Advert says wet/dry, but item packaging only refers to dry. I bought it for a tile cutting saw replacement, but it is not really suitable for this. More of an industrial use for cutting such things as concrete blocks dry.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Diamond Blades Diamond Blades Diamond Blades