Friday 1 April 2011

Small Dog - squeaker, small dog


If you have a tiny dog with a tiny mouth, this is the perfect toy for your pet. It makes them feel like a big dog with a tennis ball. I have a toy poodle and her little mouth could not get a hold of a tennis ball to save her life, but she acts like the Air Kong Squeaker is the real thing. Plus it makes a squeaky noise to attract the pet's attention. All in all a great find for little ones! KONG Air KONG Air SqueakAIR Balls Dog Toy, Extra Small, Yellow, 3/pack

My 7lb pup can't fit a regular sized tennis ball in his mouth(although he tries very hard!), so after I read some of the reviews for this I decided to try it out. These things are great! They bounce, squeek, and my dog can carry them around in his mouth. I love that you get three because I've already lost one to either the couch or entertainment center. Kong is the best dog toy maker!

I am furious this is advertized as made in the USA but when they came I noticed a sickening smell so I read the back of the label. The company address is in Colorado, it says designed and tested in the USA but it is made in China. Every dog I've had has died of cancer and we know multiple products have had dangerous ingrediants or materials coming from China. These have caused death and illness. Do not buy these. Cadimium in childrens jewelry, melamine in pet food, lead in paint & childrens toys and books, some unknown chemical in Heparin (blood thinner) it almost killed my daughter. I will not buy anything or use anything coming from China. Return manufacturing to America, they own us and are killing us with poisons.

My little chi loved these when she found out they squeek. She wasn't strong enough to squeek them herself but she loved it when I did it for her. The balls are small enough for a 5 LB dog to get their mouth around. They come in threes so you can easily teach your dog to fetch, rotating through the balls. My one complaint was, after a couple of months of use, one lost its ability to squeek and the other two developed holes along the white seam lines. I would have expected a years worth of play considering it was just a tiny little dog using them! Oh well, the dogs do love them.

Somehow I missed that these were extra small balls. I got a kick out of it when I pulled them out of the box. HA! I thought that my pit bull mix might swallow one like the dog from the movie Snatch and then just become a giant squeaky toy herself.



HOWEVER ... she loves them, like she loves all squeaky toys. Unlike the regular-sized ones, she can actually CHEW on these. And it is taking her longer to demolish than most toys. (It has been almost five minutes and she's still chewing on the first one.) Hurray for Kong products!

This ball bounces, rolls and acts like a regular tennis ball - it's just smaller for the smaller dog. And the squeak is irresistible. The balls hold up outdoors both on fields and cement. My dog loves these Air Squeakers.

I was really happy to find some small tennis balls for my puppy - ones that could actually fit in her mouth. Initially, I was quite pleased with these Kong tennis balls due to their small size and the squeakers that are inside each ball, perfect for capturing a puppy's attention.



I had high hopes for these tennis balls, since I love the Kong stuffable chew toys. However, in 2 out of the 3 balls, the squeakers totally died within a week of use. Kaput. End of story. So instead of squeaking, you heard a rattling noise. Which I guess isn't a big deal, but squeaker toys are really fun for my dog. But what really made me dislike this product was the durability, or lack thereof. Maybe I got a defective product, but with each tennis ball, the yellow fuzz started to come off. I would find tufts of yellow fuzz in her mouth, which I would have to pull out each time. It doesn't seem like a good thing for a puppy to ingest.



So if you buy these, make sure to carefully watch your dog to make sure s/he doesn't eat the fuzz!

I ordered these little tennis balls for my new papillon puppy because she would watch our bigger dog play and wanted to play with the tennis balls also. My papillon loves these little balls and carries them around in her mouth. They are a perfect size for a little dog! - Balls - Dog Toys - Small Dog - Squeaker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information