Friday 1 April 2011

Inflatable Bed - air bed, guest bed


This bed is a step above the Aerobed. Unlike my previous 2 aerobeds, this mattress doesn't leak. None at all over an 8 day period of guests. Not even a slow leak. None! Pump is quick and the power deflate is a real time and space saver. Flocking on the mattress is also warmer than a cold plastic top. Can't believe how much less in price this was over the aerobeds-- a no-brainer!!! Wenzel Insta-Bed Queen Raised Sure Grip Bottom with Built-in Pump

Found this to be an excellent bed, pros are longer air retention (I sleep at least 5 days before needing to turn on the pump), uniform pressure distribution. I normally do not have any back problems and this bed did not introduce any new ones after about a couple of months of regular usage. Our guests loved it, the only con I can see is that the pump is so slow - takes a minimum of 4 minutes to fill the bed from flat and takes similar time to deflate. That is negligible compared with the pros, we recommend this product to anyone that is interested in an Air bed.

We wanted to get an air mattress for guests we were expecting. We have purchased them before and they were very disappointing. They were either uncomfortable or they wouldn't hold air for very long. Any amount of movement when lying on them, didn't help.

We decided to try Amazon.com. After reviewing the different air mattresses that they showed and discribed, we read the reviews that were given on those products. We decided on the Wenzel Insta-bed and we feel we absolutely made the right choice. It was easy to set up and take down. It's very very comfortable. Our guests enjoyed it so much, they wanted to pack it up and take it home with them. They said they were as comfortable as they are in their bed at home and slept great!

We are very pleased with our purchase and we recommend this product to everyone!

Thank you!!!!!!!

I always call customer service PRIOR to purchasing a product just to see how well they treat people. I just got off the phone with Wenzel customer service (800 325-8368) and here is what I discovered:



I was on hold for six minutes before I actually spoke with a person. There were a lot of clicks, pops and periods of dead silence that may confuse some people into thinking they had been disconnected but that was not the case. Just hang on. I called on a Thursday at 10:30 am (eastern time) so I might have called at a time when the call volume was low, but I was impressed that the hold time was reasonable.



The gentleman who answered the call was courteous and did not try to pry contact information out of me prior to dealing with the reason why I called.



My first question was about the warranty. I said I was not able to find any warranty details on Amazon.com or the Wenzel website. He directed me to the Insta-bed website (insta-bed.com) where I found it quickly.



I asked him if the pump went out or there was no electricity available, was it possible to fill the mattress manually. He said yes, there was another valve on the side where it could be filled.



I then asked about leaks. He said most people who called about leaks didn't realize that the plastic stretches when it is initially inflated and it will go soft the first few times it is used. People will assume it has a leak when all it really needs is additional air to firm it back up. He also said that there are some seals around the pump that may leak but those leaks can be corrected quite easily. Other than that, the one year warranty covered leaks, bulges, pump failure - whatever.



Warranty exchange consists of contact them to get an RMA and then cutting out the label information from the side of the mattress (rendering the mattress useless) and sending the label in with the RMA. You don't have to ship the whole mattress back!



So, all of you who who said this thing leaked, or complained that this mattress does not have a warranty, I would encourage you to call them and see how they treat you.

My daughter and I were moving and sold all our furniture before leaving. Our plan was to find a bed for each of us we could use indefinately... or until we were able to get our 'perfect bedroom suite'. These beds have been great and we have been sleeping on them for a month now. We have a 65 lb dog that runs and jumps on them and we've had absolutely NO problems with leaking or tearing. We got the matress cover recommended at purchase which helps protect it, I'm sure. We also got king size sheets w/ deep pockets for the queen size air bed because the fitted sheet stays on perfect in the larger size. Fantastic! and the built in pump works great for inflating or deflating. Absolutely love this bed!

I purchase the bed back in December and waited for over a month since it was backordered. After finally receving it I thought the reviews I read were worthy, it looked like a great product. Then I tried to use it. Right next to the pump there was a small tear. I patched it and filled it up. It felt great to lay on. The next four days the unit continued to leak from another area that I couldn't find. When I called to return, customer service was very helpful. However, after receiving the replacement last week, things got worse. First, the unit is completely different than what I originally ordered. When I called, Wenzel said that this bed (which is still listed on Amazon) was no longer available and they sent me a Wenzel bed with the L.L.Bean label. This unit has a rechargeable battery which, it states in the instructions, needs to be charged every month whether I am using it or not. THIS IS NOT WHAT I ORDERED,OR WANT. I don't want to be worried if they unit is charged or not, and it is not designed to be inflated just by the plug in transformer. Now when I did plug the unit in to charge the battery, the transformer overheated after a couple hours and would not work again. When I called this morning to Wenzel they stated they did not know what type of bed they would be replacing this one with because there product line is changing again. Three months, two garbage cans filled with airbeds and one customer who relied on a bunch of good reviews for this product who now doesn't know who to believe when researching a product. - Inflatable Mattress - Airbed - Air Bed - Guest Bed'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information