Tuesday 12 April 2011

Motorola H680 Headset - Frost - noise cancelling, h680


I bought the H680 to replace an annoying Jawbone which does none of the things its manufacturer said it was supposed to do. The 'noise cancellation' feature is a total gimmick and does not even work.

The H680 is smaller and more aesthetic than the Jawbone and it performs exceptionally well (much better than the more expensive Jawbone). At first when I first started to wear the H680, it made my ear sore until I realized that I was not wearing it properly. It's very 'ear friendly' when you fit it properly and is 'transparent' even after a 10 hour day at work. As a technical courier, I rely heavily on my bluetooth headset and I'm convinced that this is the best one I've owned so far out of the 4 previous brands (Plantronics, O2 Blue, Jabra and Jawbone). I like the idea of a slide switch to turn the headset on/off. I prefer this to the general method of pressing and holding in the answer button to turn it on. The magnetic charging cradle with the contacts is really cool. It beats the plug/socket design by far. The only downside of the H680 is that I only get three days of standby/talk time (that's with switching it off overnight). The specs say that you should get up to 12 days standby or 9 hours talk time. This is not an issue though as I can charge it every second night. I find that the manufacturer's specs on bluetooth battery time is always exaggerated anyway. I highly recommend this headset and if you own a Jawbone, find a steamroller and place it under the drum or if you are a nice guy like me, keep it as a backup in case your H680 runs low on battery. Motorola H680 Bluetooth Headset (Midnight)

I bought this headset for use with a Motorola Slvr phone. I am female and have small ears and needed an ear piece that fits snugly and not flop around my ear. I love the small size and attractive appearance. The earbud is great and the loop is perfect. The earbud comes with two different soft covers. For the first few uses, my ear was a little sore but I have adapted. I do not think many other people would have this problem. The clarity and reception are very good for such a small device. The range is fair - if in same room, no problem. The charging base is fantastic. It has a neat little magnetic connection to the ear piece and is also small and attractive in design. The length of talk time per charge is very good, several hours per charge. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone with small ears or anyone who prefers a small-sized ear piece. This device exceeded my expectations considering its small size and is fairly priced.

I bought this earbud from AT&T for about $100(Sorry I didn't check Amazon first!) and overall very happy w/ the performance. Liteweight, decent audio and battery life is 7-8 hours heavy use. Comes w/ two style of chargers.

Pairing was quite easy, but inconsistent quality results. Rotated and positioned the earpiece several ways, but just could not get consistent microphone quality results. Earpiece crackled periodically throughout a conversation. Maybe mine was a bad unit.



As another note, the comfort level was OK. The round earbud did not match the contours of my ear, the oblong one was a bit better. Could have gotten used to it, though.

I bought this headset after reading money magazine's review -- they found it to be the best of the tiny headsets they reviewed -- and the cheapest! I've been very impressed by sound quality and feel over your ear.



my favorite detail: there's a magnet in the charging station/carrying case that ensures that the earpiece "jumps" into just the right position for the contacts to line up. very nicely done.

The Motorola H680 Bluetooth Headset is an excellent product. It is small and discreet (for those who don't want a big, clunky headset) and easy to operate. The only knock on the product is that the phone cannot be much further from you than your pocket or purse or you will start to get static. Other than that it is a great product and is highly recommended.

This is my 4th Bluetooth earpiece and so far its been the most reliable and attractive one.



The pros:



- Small, attractive & the ear hook is very comfortable.

- Have had it for over a month & it has only lost the connection once. I had a Scala 500 that constantly lost the connection.

- Good volume & clarity. Previously I had a Motorola H350 and the volume (at Max.) was so poor I thought I was going deaf! Person on the other end also had trouble hearing me. I returned that unit.

- Good battery life.



The cons:



- It only comes with 2 different interchangeable rubber inner-ear pieces (boot?), neither of which fits my ear well.



All in all this has been the most dependable & functional blue-tooth headset I have used in the past three years.

i love my blue tooth. its so sleek & not cheap or plastic looking. and it fits comfortably in my ear. i have small ears, and usually when i put any thing in my ear, it feels uncomfortable. but this one is totally comfortable. i really like it. i recommend this to anyone! it also charges quickly. within an hour. and lasts about 4 Hrs. - Noise Cancelling - Bluetooth - H680 - Motorola'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information