Tuesday 12 April 2011

Exercise - mir weighted vest, exercise


This vest does not fit olympic 5 lb weights. I have 3 different types of olympic 5 lb weights and none of them fit. It will hold the weights in place but they stick out of the sides of the weight pockets and scrape your upper arms. I am very disappointed. (Weekly Special Sale - 50% Off/5 Days Only !) NEW! MIR Short Style Workout Plate weight Vest / Hold Up To 40LBS Weighted Vest---Fast Shipping, Great Quality, Worth Every Penny!!!(One size fits all.)

The vest is built very well. I can't imagine it ever ripping. There are a lot of straps to hold the plates in place. The only problem that I have is adding the entire 40 pounds to the vest. The pockets are too small to add 10 pound plates. I went to the website and it showed that you can put two 5 pound plates in each of the pockets. Unfortunately, I tried that with the slimmest plates I could find, and the pockets won't close fully. It seems like it would be a quick fix. However, for the price, it is a great solid vest and is very comfortable.

Overall it feels like a very quality product



First off, the shipping was quick.

but when i opened the package i came to terms quickly that the weights were not included. I assumed that they would be since they charged me 20 dollars for shipping from california to Oregon.



the normal charge for shipping (standard) is 5 dollars + .50 cents for each pound, so 20 dollars seemed pretty reasonable. But, unfortunately, it is a very big rip off.



apparently my monitor doesnt pick up reds very well, so i couldnt see the "plate not included" (in red) in the pictures.



all in all, i should have look closer. That one is on me (they got me once). My second fault was when i trusted them with the 20 dollar shipping charge.



that is just blatant. It is irritating, and it is dishonest.



These kind of actions will make me think twice next time i want to buy a product and discourages me from giving any more of my money to this company.





overall, great product but pretty dissapointed.

The construction of the vest is good; it's very sturdy. The straps hold the weights in, no problem. The adjustable shoulders and chest strap allow it to truly "fit all". It's comfortable to wear, too.



My one caveat is this: IT ONLY WORKS WITH STANDARD PLATES (for 5 lb weights). This is big to me since I didn't see this mentioned here, on MIR's site, or anywhere else. I figured I could use my Olympic plates with this. Wrong. Olympic 2.5's will fit fine, but who has 40 lbs of them (and even if you did, I doubt that many would fit).



And about those standard plates... Solid standard plates, like the ones in the pictures on MIR's site (no holes besides the the bar hole), fit perfectly. Standard plates with extra holes (I found some that have three holes besides the bar hole) will fit, as well, but it's tight. Everything still straps down nicely, and the plates don't move, so it's perfectly ok, but this vest was clearly designed to be used with solid standard plates.

I ordered this vest because Jason Khalipa (Crossfit God) uses a MIR vest in his training (I use every product he endorses, see my INOV-8 shoe review). I am also a competitive Crossfitter and we are always looking for ways to improve. I did not want to spend a lot of money on a vest so I decided to try this one. It is top of the line construction, I don't think I could damage this vest if I tried. I am sure it will out-live me! It stays tight on the body and it adjusts to fit snug. I gave it four stars because, with the weights added, it can get a bit bulky. However, only exercise I found to be a pain were kettlebell swings due to the fact that the 5# plates I used in the vest stuck out and scrapped my arms. They are still manageable and I am sure I could have jimmied them in there better. I did "Fran" in this vest the other day and the thrusters and pull ups were not impeded by the vest at all. I have also performed burpees, box jumps, SDHP, muscle ups and ran in this vest with no problem other then it weighs over 20# when fully loaded! I would definitely recommend MIR as your Rolls Royce of weight vests and this specific one if you are trying to save some cash.

Nice half vest for weight resistance running / climbing / exercise.



Pros: Half vest with breathing areas to vent and keep the weight up high for a high center of balance keeping the weight on your shoulders with no flapping around or excess movement of vest.



Weights can be bought commercially for low cost and they fix securely in the vest and do not slide around. It takes the old small weight hole types and not the Olympic large hole plates. The 2 1/2lb, 5lb weights fit fine to outfit the vest from 20,30,40lbs.



You can run a reflective belt or wrist reflectors through the top pockets to create a reflective vest for night use / add a red flashing LED clip on bike lamp for night use near roads attached to the back shoulder of the vest. It holds the weight up high to keep balance and agility. Other vests hold the weight low that causes awkwardness or imbalance / lower back issues / over heating.



A great vest to use for weight resistance training without having to deal with bulky packs etc.



Cons: None that I have found so far.

The vest I purchased is the 50 lb one and it works great. It is comfortable and fully functional. I have ran and worked out with it and it is perfect for my needs for ROTC. The package came within 3 days. I recommend this product

Just look at all those 5-star reviews and you will notice they were all done within a week of each other and are nearly identical. $20 shipping is crazy and this product DOES NOT INCLUDE WEIGHTS. Have a nice day! - 40 Lb Weight Vest - Weight Vest - Exercise - Mir Weighted Vest'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Exercise - mir weighted vest, exercise mir weighted vest Exercise - mir weighted vest, exercise