Tuesday 12 April 2011

Hp Compaq Charger - hp compaq charger, happy


I bought this since it was a cheaper option then a name brand charger. A few months after I started using it the adapter plug became loose causing you to constantly loose connection. Now I'm still going to have to buy another one and I've wasted my money on this piece of garbage Laptop Charger for HP Compaq

When I received this charger I immediately plugged it in and it worked just fine. Then I noticed that the two pieces that you had to connect together between the charger and the the plug in part didn't stay together two well; they would always separate and I would find myself constantly having to get up and put them back together; it was very annoying. Then to top it all off, I left my computer charging and came back a few hours to find it still uncharged with a burnt smell in the room. The computer charger had overheated and is now sitting in the trash can where it should have been when I first received it. So yet again, not worth it. Oh and did I mention I only had the charger for 3 days???

Yeah, the charger got there after five days, even though I paid for expediated shipping, then two weeks after I got it, it stopped working. On site because I am buying a new charger. Very disappointed.

Product arrived in time, like in new pack. works great.



My previous cord had a problem at the junction where the wires possibly got cut off inside somewhere, because, I was wrapping the wires every single day for 5 years or so.

I was dumb enough to buy this product twice. I thought the first one was a malfunction, but now I see this is just a very defective product. Both stopped working after only a few days and over heated frequently. Like I said DONT BUY IT!

THE SHORT: The 'wire' between the transformer box and the laptop has begun breaking the electrical connection after about 6 months of use.



THE LONG: I purchased this item in early September 2008 and was quite happy with it until early March 2009. I would have given it at least 4 stars as it did what it was supposed to do: Provide power to my laptop at a reasonable cost.



However, in early March 2009 I noticed the covering on the power supply side of the cable between the ps and my laptop had 'fatigued' (it didin't pull out) and exposed the (insulated) wired beneath. No problem, especially at the price, I wrapped a little vinyl insulating (I hope) tape around the break and continued on computing.



A week or so later I noticed my screen dimming as I moved the laptop on my lap (where else?) and realized immediately that I wasn't getting a good connection to through the wall socket (fortunately I had the battery in place). I checked the cable between the ps and the wall as it had a tendency to pull out of the socket, but that was fine. Too bad! as that cable (the wall side) is easily removable and replaceable.



It turned out that the cable at the connector to the laptop had apparently begun to break. There is some stress releif reinforcement there which still looks sound but bending the cable made it clear that the (rather fragile -- due (inherently) to the nature of the connetor) wire itself was seperating within the stress release.



I am in the habit of wrapping the cable around the ps 'box' when I store the ps in my shoulder bag, and though I don't wrap it tightly, the, I suppose inherently cheap, construction was unable to stand my repeateldy doing this.



CONCLUSION: 6 months is too short.



If I recall,this unit cost about 1/6 of the list price of the replacement HP unit and about 1/4 of the the HP unit when the HP is discounted (and I didn't go on line to check my often horrendously unreliable memory), I had to replace the original HP after just over two years because it began pulling apart (I thought at the time because I had more than a few times inadverntly yanked, hard, on the cable, but now I wonder . . . ). Comparing discounted price with time of reliable use ($100 for 2 years vs. $25 for 6 months) the cost/time period ratio is the same, but 6 months is simply too short (as is 2 years, in my opinion) to be bothered by the need to replace this.



I'll go back to the original piece which I had cut apart and taped together so as to have power while waiting for the new power supply, and look to packing away the power supply/cable in a different manner when it's not in use, if I buy another replacement. I expect I'll be able to limp along until summer when I'm hoping to replace my 5.5 Compaq with a much lighter unit.

buy this! Do not go to office max, or circuit city, otherwise they will charge about a $100. dollars. Trust me if you read the accompanying info and see your laptop, it does the job. Saved my laptop!!!Saved my pocketbook!!!

This charger worked well for a few months. However two nights ago it started smoking and I had to quickly unplug it for fear of fire. I should have checked the reviews before I bought the product. This adapter isn't just cheap: it's dangerous. - Ac Adapter - Hp Compaq Charger - Happy - Compaq'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


ac adapter Hp Compaq Charger - hp compaq charger, happy