Friday 4 March 2011

Xbox 360 - xbox live, accessories


My Microsoft headset microphone stopped working after 7 months and my identical spare did not work out of the box (Microsoft did replace one with one that did work), so I swore off all Microsoft 360 headsets and went with the Plantronics X10 for Xbox 360. At first, it was a little snug but soon I got used to it. Works like a charm and all of my friends can now hear me loud and clear. I really like the volume/mute switch being inline because I can clip it to where I need it. At $14.99, this head set was cheaper than the Microsoft version. Hopefully, the Plantronics headset will last longer than the Microsoft set. I gave this headset 4 stars due to it's tighter than expected fit. All in all a better choice....so far. Plantronics Gamecom X10

The XBOX 360 headset was purchased after the Microsoft headset that arrived with the XBOX 360 console suddenly stopped working. The new headset is much sturdier and clearer. My grandson uses it for XBOX live and can communicate with the other gamers without any problems. I would recommend this headset as a replacement for the Microsoft headset.

After the "official" microsoft headset broke, I looked at lots of different headsets to replace it. This is a great alternative to the other one, and it's the same price! Though it has a similar design style at first glance, this headset is larger and wider than the Microsoft one, and doesn't dig into your head. It fits comfortably, and sometimes I don't even know it's there. Plus, I have not heard any complaints online about the microphone, so I assume it is adequate. Overall, a great product at a great price.

This works great! Don't be afraid of 3rd party products, this works quite well. The inline volume control is nice, and the unit looks fine. It's a little cheaper than the standard headset, and much cheaper than Microsoft's wireless one. Get this if you got the core console and want Xbox Live, or if you need a replacement.

I actually purchased these because, in my excitement to get my XBox 360 up and running, I never noticed that it came with a headset. I have used both since, and these are a good alternative to the standard XBox 360 model. I do wish the the headpiece opposite the earpiece extended further down as it stops about 2 inches above my ear, but the headset stays on reliably and shouldn't come off short of you tossing your controller (which the headset plugs into) to the ground. On the plus side, the microphone is easily adjustable and seems to have a good sensitivity setting. A quality accessory, overall.

My 360 came with a broken headset so rather than wait for them to send another one that might not work for long I went ahead a bought this one. I have used Plantronics stuff for a long time and I have never been disappointed. This works great. I can hear people and they can hear me. Volume and mute both work and are pretty handy with the clip on the cord. It does exactly what it should and does it well.

I have returned two of these so far. Both times the reason has been the earpiece. I was able to be heard on the mic but the audio stopped working. In a period of a minute or so, it went from full volume to about 20% to being able to hear nothing. Again, I experienced this with two different shipments of the same headset. This was VERY gently used during the short time I had it. Adult use only, no children. I applaud Amazon's return policy as it is hassle free and I did not suffer any financial loss. I'll be back to researching a better product for gaming.

The standard Microsoft product that came with my Xbox had a lot of static interference like it wasn't getting a good connection. This one sounds much better, with no static. The only thing I liked better on the OEM headset was the location of the mute switch. This one has it dangling in the middle of the cord. - Xbox 360 Headset - Xbox Live - Headset - Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


xbox live Xbox 360 - xbox live, accessories