Friday 4 March 2011

General Electric - general electric, lighting


These bulbs do exactly what they are meant to do. On my ceiling fan/light, I have 2 ordinary soft whites and two Reveals. The difference is clear. The soft whites give everything an obvious yellow tint. The Reveal bulbs do not. More colors come out. My eyes are more relaxed.



I often spend hours at my home computer, so anything that reduces eye strain is welcomed. One issue that the previous rater mentioned is true - their light is somewhat dimmer than of the soft white bulb of same wattage. It does not feel different enough to require a 60W instead of 40W, or to require a 75W instead of 60W. I'm fine with the same Wattage as before.



btw, I previously used a similar bulb from Philips. It may have been called "Natural Spectrum". It performed in the same way. GE 48688 60-Watt A19 Reveal Bulbs, 4-Pack

I've spent years working & living with fluorescent & regular bulbs & have been happiest & more relaxed under these bulbs! I can't afford the true full spectrum bulbs (which are paradise for the eyes & brain!) so I tried these "Reveal" bulbs. What a difference it has made to me! The eye strain I used to feel is gone, the dull head feeling is gone; the colors stand out much more brightly & so make me even feel happier. I now use only "Reveal" bulbs in my home. Not everyone will notice a difference as not everyone is affected by color & light the same ways. If you ARE feeling eye strain, that 'dull' feeling in the head or even the winter blues from lack of sunlight, these may help! Light & color affect our moods & feelings of wellness, so , buy a pack on sale, give them a try. I hope they work for you as they have for me!

I have replaced all lights in the house over last 2 years with GE reveal. They seem to have a long lifespan and the difference in color is amazing... walls that once were yellow tinted are now white... colors are more vibrant... especially poinsettia plants at Christmas! The rooms seem more lush and vibrant. Whatever room you do first... be sure to replace all the bulbs or else he mixed effect may cancel out the benefit.

I have been using Reveal as well as other full-spectrum bulbs. I generally get these because they give off a great light and tend to be about half the price of the Verilux and other full-spectrums I like.



However, they seem to last about 2/3's as long, sometimes half as long as the Verilux and I spent the last year installing them side-by-side with the Verilux to give them equal testing in the same light array(I have a 4 bulb light array in my office and they all answer to one switch).



I do love how much easier it is on the eyes to read under this light, and everything, including my art and carpet, look much better with this.



I am reluctant to switch to compact fluorescent due to the pollution they cause and the rare earth metals that are being depleted by their use and I am starting to stockpile the incandescent bulbs and picture a time when they will only be available "speakeasy" style after the law takes effect.



Compact Florescent light is harsh, white and I find causes eye strain when reading under it.

Using the GE Reveal light bulb my house ( and especially my reading room) has been looking better. It was doing a room makeover by only buying a new light bulb. The words now jump of the page. The pages (and the room) look brighter and whiter. I too was skeptical. However, when BzzAgent.com sent me a free package of light bulbs I had to take the plunge. Since installing my first reveal, my friends and family have all commented positively. - Ge Reveal - Lighting - General Electric - Compact Fluorescent'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


General Electric - general electric, lighting general electric General Electric - general electric, lighting