Sunday 20 March 2011

X1


This is a great little item that allows you to use the X-1 as a point a shoot. Flip it on and you are ready to go. I was not happy with another product from this seller, but this lens cap seems to work fine - at least so far. They make this lens cap for different cameras, so be sure to order one for the X-1. Also, you have to unscrew the metal attachment under the lens cap to install this new hinged cap. It installs just like a UV filter. I highly recommend this product. RainbowImaging Auto Lens Cap for Leica X1 12.2MP APS-C CMOS Digital Camera

This lens cap replacement works like a charm. I bought the Leica X1 so I could have a great little camera that I could bring with my everywhere and be unobtrusive. The original lens cap that comes with it just detaches and won't even turn on while it is attached (unless you do the play-only mode). With RainbowImaging's Auto Lens Cap you can keep it on there and never have to worry about losing a lens cap or the camera not turning on. You can turn it on anytime and be ready to shoot in no time! Like another review said, you simply screw off the existing lens cap and then install this one.



For those with the leather Leica X1 case, with this auto lenscap installed it still fits inside the case, you just have to push down a little bit more on it than you would have before. No big deal.

This lens cap fitted by Leica X1 perfectly. I just had to remove the original lens cover which was screwed over the lens. Then screw in this new attachment. Works like a charm! Now, I don't have to worry about taking out and replacing the lens cap every time I want to take a picture! How cool is that! Also, no worries about losing the lens cap (which I did once, and drove me crazy trying to find it).

Get this - absolutely no regrets !

When the Lens cap arrived, I was excited as the ad for the product claimed it would fit my Leica X-1 camera, but it would not. I called the company and they said the instructions showed how it would fit, but obviously they have never seen the camera because if they had they too would realize the auto opening lens cap would not attach to the camera. The lens cap looked like it was made to fit over the existing lens but the size was wrong it was too small to fit on the outside of the lens. It should have been made to screw into the lens like the original cap provided with the camera. But in short there was no way of removing any part of the lens on camera and the RainboImaging Co. has never seen a Leica X-1 camera. I still have the lens cap and wish to return it.

Very disappointed in the company and product.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


X1 X1 X1