Sunday 20 March 2011

Neckband Headphones - nike, running headphones


These are the best headphones I have ever used. I cannot find them in stores so I am now buying them online. I cannot wear the ear bud headphones, which everything seems to be switching to. These headphones are amazingly comfortable and stay put during exercise. I LOVE the fact they the part around the ear is not made of felt, it is rubber. There are times when I am running on the treadmill for 2-3 hours and, obviously, I am quite sweaty afterwards. I do not want my headphones to take forever to "dry out". Especially because I keep them in my purse. After a workout, I can just put these in my purse and not have to worry that they are soaked.

I am having to replace my current ones because the sound is only coming out of one ear, which has happened with every single pair of headphones I have ever bought. With how often I wear these and where I store them (my purse), I am surprised they lasted as long as they did.

I do not have a problem with comfort with these, and the sound is perfectly fine. If you wear headphone while you are working out, these are the best headphones that you can get. Philips/Nike Aero SHJ070 Feather Light and Secure Neckband Headphones (Semi-Clear)

I originally bought these headphones about a couple of years ago for working out, that were not the type that you have to fit inside your ears (don't like them), were comfortable, stay put, and were worth the money (given the price). I paid a little over $40. About a year later, they stopped working, sound would only come through one side. I thought that it might have been me, or something else.



As I really liked how comfortable they were, I went ahead and bought another pair...silly me. About a year later (now) the same thing happened and they stopped working. Only one side would work. So this is certainly a manufacturing problem. I came back to Amazon thinking that I'd buy them again, but they increased the price to almost $55 (yes, I do remember how much I paid as I bought them twice) and don't think it's worth spending $55 for a pair of headphones I know won't last.

I workout 4-5 times a week and these are the best headphones I've ever owned. Not only are they comfortable, they stay on even if you're upside down. Great sound, so much better than earbuds. The only "down" I have to say about this headset is I've had to replace them many (4) times because the wire inside the cord breaks and you lose sound in one side of the headset. But this has happened with every headset I've ever owned, so I will countine to buy this model because of the great sound quality and wearing comfort.

I am an avid runner and have found it hard to find a good "sweat resistant" pair of headphones that stay on my ear. I was using ear buds for awhile but as I would sweat the sound would get blocked and the earbuds would fall out. Since these have a sweat resistant coating over the ear piece and they wrap around the back of your head this problem is avoided. I don't like using these for day to day useage because the cord runs behind you which is a pain for sitting/standing. Best suggestion get two pairs of headphones and make these the running pair.

This product is great.... for a while. A short while. This is one of my favorite sets of headphones but they just don't last. 2-3 months for me. I've gone through two. I like it but the price is too steep for the limited durability.

Do not buy these headpones.

Headphones are very light weight and comfortable. The sound on them is very crappy. Half of my music on Ipod can't be tolerated due to the high treble output on these. I can play same song using a MUCH cheaper headset and music is great. These seem to have little to no base to them. They are way over priced. Gave it 1 star for comfort ONLY. Do not buy them!

Would have been great headphones if only their life expectancy were longer. Bought them twice and each times Aero lasted about 2 months of active use with careful handling. Bought times the left side stopped producing sound

Unfortunately, these sound sub-par and they do not stay secure. The definitive workout, behind-the-neck headphones were the Sony MDR G57 S2: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-G57G-Sports-Headphones-Reflective/dp/B000066CCU



For $40, these lack ear retainers, sound ok at best, and look pretty stupid.



Sony had it perfect then discontinued the above link for no reason. I am puzzled.



-----------



Edit: I have further decided that these are complete garbage for $40. I am returning them. They sound tinny, are not secure on my head, have an inconveniently placed exiting cable, poor plugs that are already starting to static after only a few days, oh yeah they shift around and they look stupid.



In the mean time, I have already bought and received Sennheiser Adidas PMX 680 Sports Earbud Headphone with Volume control & Neckband which fit VERY well, cost the same and sound exponentially better. The choice is clear, do not waste your time with these things. - Running Headphones - Sport Headphones - Earphones - Nike'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information