Sunday 20 March 2011

Office Supplies - labels, avery labels


I bought these to self-label my self-made beer. They work great, but they DO NOT come off easily once you're ready to reuse the bottle - even with soaking. I gave up on them because the adhesive was TOO sticky. I'm sure they're absolutely great for any other purpose where you need them to stick well. Avery Shipping Labels for Laser Printers with TrueBlock Technology, 3.333 x 4 Inches, White, Box of 600 (5164)

I use these as labels for bottles. It is the perfect size for labeling 12.7 ounce bottles. The positive points are:



1 - They do not jam, bend or otherwise get messed up during the printing cycle.

2 - They peel easily from the sheet, but stick VERY firmly to glass.

3 - They are thick enough so that they can be applied to bottles smoothly with no wrinkles. This is a HUGE advantage over some other types of labels we have tried.

4 - The 5264 template is built in to most major software packages. Setting up the labels for printing was a breeze.



The negatives are: Haven't found any yet!



One reviewer mentioned that he had problems removing labels once they were applied to bottles. First, that's generally a good thing. The last thing I would want to happen is to have the labels just slide off after getting wet or being subjected to temperature changes. However I tried removing labels for the first time last week and didn't really find it all that hard. What I did was rinse the bottles with hot running water for a couple of minutes. I then places the bottles in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes. The labels peeled right off for the most part. In a couple of cases there was a bit of adhesive left on bottles, but that rubbed off easily enough while the bottle was still hot.



My wife actually then used a bit of an environmentally friendly degreaser on a bottle that was not boiled, and that seemed to remove the adhesive easily enough as well.



I highly recommend this product.

Our town's energy committee recently had a project for which we needed about 250 peel-off labels. Our plan was to distribute 250 CFL (compact fluorescent) light bulbs free at our town's community day (sort of like a street fair) in order to encourage people to use the bulbs to reduce electricity use. CFL light bulbs can save about 75 percent on electricity over incandescent bulbs. For the 250 bulbs, we calculated that for 8000 hours of use and an electric cost of $0.10/KWh the total savings vs. 100 watt incandescent bulbs for all the bulbs would be about $15,000. There would also be a saving of 94 tons of carbon dioxide emission.



Avery Address Labels were a good choice for adding a label indicating the savings for using the bulbs and our committee's name. The question was how to get the information printed on the labels. At the Avery web site, I found free software, DesignPro, which makes it possible to produce label designs for different label sizes. I downloaded the software easily and got started on the design



For the labels, there were about a dozen pre-made templates for the different size labels. I chose the template that matched my labels. Using DesignPro was a little like using PowerPoint. I was able to cut and paste a graphics image, add the appropriate text, and choose a font for the text. A test run on my printer produced a beautiful matrix of labels. The only problem was to find out which side of the label stock had to be up. I can never remember. After an up/down test, I had my sheets of labels printed in no time.



Our community day give-away was a big success. Our free light bulbs lasted about four hours. We were able to peel the labels from the printed sheets easily. There was enough time to peel and apply the labels as we gave away the CFLs. One surprise is that we had to have a sales pitch even for give-aways. The other surprise was that many people had never seen CFLs before. I am now a big fan of Avery labels, but I recommend getting the free software to make them work.

I bought this product and wish I never did. The labels never stick to the envelope. They start peeling immediately no matter what kind of envelope I use. I have to tape down the label every time I use one. Well, at least I only have oh, 500 labels to go. Not recommended!!! - Inkjet - Avery - Avery Labels - Labels'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Office Supplies - labels, avery labels avery labels Office Supplies - labels, avery labels