Sunday 20 March 2011

Olympus Battery Li-ion Li-50b - olympus, digital camera accessories


This product was more than I expected. I bought it as a back up for the battery that comes standard with my camera. I wasn't expecting anything special from a replacement brand, but I was shocked. The battery was about 1/10 the price of the Olympus brand battery, yet it had the same, if not a longer run time. I fully recommend this product as a supplement to the standard battery for extended trips. In either case, the battery life on a single charge for either product was more than enough for the excursions through the many different parks at Disney world. (my initial reason for buying the camera, an Olympus Stylus Tough 8000). Many of the excursions were over 15 hours, and I never needed more than one extra battery.



A very high quality product for an inexpensive price. Maximal Power DB OLY LI-50B Replacement Battery for Olympus Digital Camera/Camcorder

I purchased this battery to use as a backup for my Olympus Stylus tough 6000. As it is i never actually had problem with the standard Olympus battery that came with the camera, but i felt that it could not hurt to purchase a back up battery, especially when you consider the cost!

The product cam in a timely manner as with all amazon purchases and was packaged pretty neat.

I used the camera over the weekend for a Halloween party and i had this battery in use, and boy did it work well! I took about 60+ photos (all @ 10mp with the flash on) that night and (as with all pics) they were each reviewed a couple times after the photo was taken. I even used it a bit the next day and the battery still has charge. I'm going to use it some more today and see if i can drain the charge a bit to get an idea as to how many pics i can take on a full charge.



If there is any complaint at all, it's that when you first put the battery to charge it stops charging after about 2-3 minutes, this could mislead some into thinking it is fully charged at this point, when in reality it isn't. When this happens all you need to do is remove the battery and charger from the outlet and plug it back in and leave it for a few hours till you KNOW it should be fully charged. It should be noted that some people get this same problem with the official Olympus battery, so it's not a problem specific to this product.



Great item here folks; buy it if our camera uses it, at such a low price (i paid about $7. USD for it) you cannot go wrong.

Hey they came fast and the right model. I have used them and came to the following conclusion.

You get what you pay for. If you want to buy a batterie for $30 with the original manufacturers stamp on it you can, and if you want to spend the same amount on 4 batteries from a no name Brand, you can do that too. The difference was; Even so the no name brand is not holding the charge as long as the original batteries do, it still makes more sense to me to have rather 3 backups, which you should have at least one anyway.

Maximal Power DB OLY LI-50B Replacement Battery for Olympus Digital Camera/Camcorder (Black)

Wow!! What a great price for this battery! The Olympus branded batteries are 5-6 times the price. You just can't lose on this deal. I haven't used it enough to know how the over-all life will compare, but even if you have to but another it is worth it.

This battery works just like the original and was much cheaper. I have no problem using these type of batteries to save so much of the OEM. For the last 2 months this battery has worked just as well as the original in my camera.

Bought 2 spare batteries for my new Olympus camera and they had more mah capacity than the OEM original that came with the camera. Both new & OEM have performed well after about 5 recharges each so far.

After charging for a whole night, this battery didn't last longer than a few minutes. This is the 2nd non-big brand name I've bought & both were duds. I'm sticking to just the big brand names from now on, even for my backup battery. This was a bad purchase, not worth it. - Olympus - Olympus Stylus Battery - Digital Camera Accessories - Li-50b'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information