Thursday 24 March 2011

Weber Grill Cover - grill covers, weber grill cover


The cover works fine. It's a grill cover, so there's not a whole lot of innovation to be had. I however live in an area with wind storms, so I woke up one morning after a storm to find my grill naked, the cover nowhere to be found. I imagine it's somewhere in the Puget sound wedged in an Orca's blowhole. Some simple elastic on the bottom or grommet holes for bungees would have saved a whale. Weber 7453 Premium Kettle Cover, Fits 22.5-Inch Charcoal Grills

I purchased this as a replacement for the off brand cover I initially bought that tore after about 6 months of use. The Weber cover is durable and sturdy. Simply a must have for your charcoal grill. It has kept mine looking brand new for almost 8 years and the cover is still in great condition as well.

I had the standard Weber kettle cover in place until the premium one arrived. The standard cover was very thin and I was always waiting for it to rip while removing/placing it. The premium one is much thicker and seems like it should hold up well. It is a little shorter than I would like it since it barely covers the lower holding rack. Otherwise pay the little extra for the premium cover.

The Premium cover is a cover that is more durable the Staglar cover and more expansive than the Elgar cover. This cover is a new syth-meth material made up of Kevlar fibers which are extremely strong and durable (they are used for helmets and bullet proof vests). My dog Homer attempted to bite into it one day and he didn't even tear it. It is easy to wash (simply go down to a river and use vegetable soap), easy to use (simply put it on top of your grille) and even light weight (16ou). This can even be used as a blanket if you are stranded in the wilderness like I was one night, very warm.

Heavy material and covers kettle well. Wanted a cover to keep rain out of the ash pan when not in use. This product does that very well. I did add three Grommets to the bottom of the cover so I could bunge the cover down for our Kansas breezes. Used three bungees to tie around axle and front corner of bottom trinagler leg support. Cover stays put in high winds now.



Gommet Kit

General Tools 1260-4 1/2-Inch Solid Brass Grommet Kit



Mini Bunge Cords

Mini Bungee 4 Pack

I live in south central Alaska and this cover has performed very well for the winter. I BBQ all winter long and the covers i used to purchase at the large outdoor stores would barely last the summer. This cover has a thicker material that has resisted cracking and tearing in the cold weather. It has not droped below -10 F. where I live so I dont know how the colder temps would affect it. Over all I am very happy with this product.

At first I was skeptical as I couldn't stretch cover all the way down. Then there was no draw string or tie system to secure this cover and I thought for sure cover would fly away. But over last month we've had multiple storms with a lot of wind and I would go out the next day or so and my cover so far has always been on though my patio swing set has been knocked over. A good buy if you want a heavy duty cover with Weber logo. This cover should last awhile.

I tried the standard Weber cover, which I purchased at Home Depot. It was VERY thin material, tore around the handle after 1 day and kept blowing off of the grill. Needless to say it was returned 2 days later.



This cover is much thicker and heavier material, and it has elastic bands on the inside that keep it fitting relatively tight. No tears or blowing off in high winds (30mph+ gusts) after a week. Thoroughly satisfied. I should have bought this in the first place, as I already had the premium cover for my Weber gas grill. - Charcoal Grill - Grill Covers - Grill - Weber Grill Cover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Weber Grill Cover - grill covers, weber grill cover grill covers Weber Grill Cover - grill covers, weber grill cover