Thursday 24 March 2011

Macbook Battery - white, mac battery


This battery fits and works with my 13" white MacBook (not a MacBook Pro). Like other reviewers, the battery works great. Only complaint is that it doesn't fit quite as perfectly as the original batteries. Not quite as flush and color slightly off.



The battery seems to run out of a juice a bit faster then my mac battery that suddenly stopped working a few months ago. Replacement Apple Macbook 13-Inch Battery, 5600mAh

I became so tired of pouring over reviews of people who leave two or three stars for a generic replacement battery because the color of the replacement battery didn't "match" the white color of their two-year-old notebooks. Come on, everybody, my Macbook is as yellow as my teeth after being subjected to two years of coffee spills and tobacco smog. What do you expect? Should the vendor of this fine battery include a packet of OxiClean to match their factory-shelved product to the second-hand laptop you bought from "macusrman" on eBay for $528.50?



Oh yeah, and this battery "doesn't fit." I've got news for you: neither do your pants. Eat less and exercise more. Give me a break, people. You subtracted years from my life by making me stressed out about whether or not this battery would fit in the underside of my computer. It turns out, actually, that the battery doesn't fit perfectly. The inside edge of the battery sits about .4 millimeters lower than the outside edge. Very distracting.



Listen, I own three Apple computers and two iPhones. My new Mac Mini is connected to my HDTV, and I have an iTunes account. I love the reliability of Apple products, and I was very afraid to buy any battery that was not made by Apple. I have had trouble using non-Apple memory in my computers, so I understand that people have justifiable reasons for second-guessing the wisdom of this kind of purchase.



However, after dropping the $41.47 for this battery (vs. the $129.00 that Apple charges), I can safely report that this battery fits perfectly, charges correctly, and appears to function appropriately with the battery management software on Snow Leopard 10.6.5. And if it doesn't last two years, then maybe I'll just buy two more. After all, three of these batteries cost less than one from Apple (do the math).



I fully expected this battery to be noticeably inferior to an Apple product. However, I was wrong. I doubt an Apple battery would have performed better or fit more snugly.



One caveat, though: When I first inserted the battery, it appeared that my computer had not recognized the new battery and was unable to charge it. You should reset the SMC by following Apple's instructions ([...]). Also, after my computer was restarted with the new battery in place, it took a few minutes before the system to recognize and begin tracking battery consumption. Reset the SMC, restart your computer, then give your notebook a few minutes to recognize the new battery.



Then chill out, pour yourself a mug of Joe, and light a cigarette.

So I read the reviews for this product and was scared about this pucrhase. I made it anyway... because I did not want to spend over a hundred dollars on a battery for a three year old computer. Anyway, it arrived today, so far, it works great. In response to the reviews saying it does not fit perfectly, I would like to clarify. It fits my computer just fine, the only negative (if you could even say that) is there is about a millimeter of space around the battery, NOT a big deal. So in sum, I WOULD recommend this product to a friend who wants to save some money. If you are super picky about how the bottom of your computer looks, then go for the apple.

Battery works. However it is of a visually different material and does not fit as well as the original. It is also slightly thicker than the real thing, which caused my mouse button (under the trackpad) to become markedly "stiffer". I believe this is because of a thick grey (+- 1mm) sticker that covers the battery, which the original does not have. After dremeling [...] off the sticker in the trackpad area it now works. I would not but it again, but rather pay the additional 50 $ for the original battery

The item arrived extremely fast, only 2 days after ordering.

It was a perfect fit on my first generation MacBook, though the white plastic foot doesn't match my three other gray ones.

Like many of the reviews here that battery was not recognized and my laptop would randomly shutdown.

I sent the battery back using the enclosed enveloped and stamp and received a new one a few days later.

The replacement so far is working perfectly and getting over 4.5 hours on it.

For $90 less then the Apple Battery and Free Shipping this definitely seems worth it.

Looks like there may be Quality Control issues with the manufacturer, so just keep exchanging it till you get a winner.





UPDATE: The replacement battery worked great for almost 2 weeks, now my MacBook won't turn on with it in, even plugged into the wall.

Using my old battery for now. The replacement battery also did not include a return envelope with postage like the first shipment.

Guess I'm just going to cut my losses at this point. - White - Battery - Mac Battery - Macbook'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information