Monday 14 March 2011

Surveilance Camera - security camera, wireless camera


I just received my camera today and was impresses with the color quality.... not so much the sound and low lit environments. Great deal for the price though. Just make sure you have a good supply of 9volt batteries on hand because the camera powers through them pretty quick, but for the overall performance that is alright with me. Good buy! 1.2 Ghz Wireless Surveillance System

Camera is small and discrete. It works great and the picture and sound is acceptable. The downside is that the camera eats up 9V batteries when you use wirelessly and the camera and receiver cannot be too far apart or you will lose the signal. Also on the signal, there is intermittent static and distortion at certain times and if the camera and receiver are placed too far apart.

As the cheapest wireless camera on the market, you get what you pay for. The picture will be fuzzy and greenish, you have to fiddle with the tuner a lot, a battery lasts maybe an hour, and it needs a lot of light - But with the EasyCap USB adapter and some video recording freeware you can have an instant security camera!

This camera is good for what it is. It's relatively inexpensive - don't expect great video. It's about being small and discrete. My issue with it is the range - even plugged in with the AC adapter, it can't reliably deliver an image to the receiver at more than ~30 feet. Upstairs and across the house doesn't work well.



For what it costs it's usable video camera. Actually, it's amazing considering the size and cost. But set your expectations appropriately.

I thought this camera would be able to hook up to my pc or laptop. Can only be used with red/yellow cable hook ups. Best Buy didn't have any converters or USB connectors to help solve my needs. I had to return the camera.

This system works as good as you might think. It does run through batteries pretty quickly, so plan to have it plugged in or buy some rechargeables. Also, I had sort of assumed the view would be a bit of a fish lens, given the size, but its not at all. Thus, it makes it a little hard for setting it to watch certain areas (front porch, wall-to-wall garage, etc).

They say when it rains, it pours. And sometimes life just unzips and drowns you like a urinal cake in a rogue tsunami. That's how it's been at the office lately. And now I've been struck with that most insidious of office nuisances: workplace theft.



Every day, I'd find something else missing at my desk. First, it was Post-Its. Then my three good clicky-top pens. Mousepads, headphones, those emergency airline bottles of gin in the bottom drawer -- all gone. I resolved to fight this sticky-fingered felon, and to protect what precious little stuff I had left.



This little gem was just the ticket. Not only would I stop the thieving hound from taking my stuff -- I'd catch him red-handed on tape, to boot. And then... well, I don't know what then. Maybe I'd turn him in to the cops for a good beating. Or let the company send him to some sort of anti-theft deprogramming cult. I could torture him until he told me where he took my precious clicky-tops. The possibilities were endless.



And this camera is fantastic. I dug through my pocket change to confirm the picture -- and it really IS the size of a penny! I hid the camera on a shelf in my cubicle and waited for the corporate cat burglar to strike again.



Which he did, apparently. When I came in the next morning, the camera was gone. And he took my pocket change, the weaseling little jackhole. In place of the spy cam, he left a little doodle of a camera. On one of MY Post-Its that he stole the week before.



Of course you realize, mystery smuggy-face pilferer: THIS MEANS WAR. - Wireless Camera - Security Camera - Nanny Cam - Home Security'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information