Monday 14 March 2011

Ipod Accessories - iphone, audio cables


This is a nice cable to connect your Iphone/ smartphone or mp3 player to any AUX in port.



I use this to connect my Iphone to my car and it works great.



PROS:



1. 4 feet long with braided cable. The braided cable means less tangling and feels sturdy with less change of fraying the cord.



2. Will fit an Iphone with a case. As in the picture, there is a smaller diameter rubber head on one end which is perfect for plastic cases. Other cables I bought would only work once I took the case off.



3. No static or hissing. This has been a problem with other cables I have.





Cons:



None, really.





Bottom line:



Well made cable with braided cord which means less tangling and more durability.

Thoughtful design means you can use it even with any case you may have on your phone or mp3 player.



Would highly recommend! Kensington Car Audio AUX Cable for iPhone/iPod

O.K. so here's my experience. First off, I am not electronically inclined. I purchased an IPOD Touch and wanted to be able to use it in my truck with the AUX cable hook-up. I asked my tech savvy friend what kind of cable I should get. He told me not to pay more than a dollar for one because he could find me a cable for mere cents on EBAY. Of course I jumped at this opportunity.



The cable arrived to me in about 5-6 weeks(I'm not exaggerating). The reason for that I came to find out was that it was shipped in a plastic bag from China. O.K, that's fine. When i went to first use it, it worked fine. About two days later, it started malfunctioning to the point that I just ripped the cable out the jack and threw it out the window (into a trash can of course).



I then attempted to order another cable of the same price from China again. I thought I just had originally gotten a bad cable. The same problems arose with this new cable and he soon joined his buddy in the neighborhood trash can. Finally, I said enough is enough. I found this cable on amazon and it had received good reviews. So i forked out the $8 for it and am so happy I did. The sound quality between this cable and the ones from China is night and day. There's no static at all. I highly recommend this product. Don't be cheap like I was. Just fork over the very reasonable $8 and you won't have to go through all the trouble I did just to get quality sound from your IPOD. TRUST ME!!!

I bought this a few months ago after my old AUX cable was worn out.

My old AUX lasted for about 2 good years, until the plastic near the inputs tore, which exposed the copper wires and eventually snapped.

I bought this product because it looked like it had a sturdy design, with reinforced plastic around the input jacks and fabric coating around the wires.

It appears as if this AUX cable would withstand long usage and outlast my previous cable.

But I was wrong, this cable will only last you about 6 months.

I am at the 6 month mark and I have begun experiencing problems with this cable.

Because of this design, the cable itself is much heavier than must cables and the fabric lining causes the cable to maintain a certain shape (think of a bent clothes line hanger).

The extra weight and the fixed shape causes the cooper wiring to break or snap very easily.

As of now, sometimes only the left or the right speaker receives audio and also creates a raspy noise.

I have to move the wire around until the full audio is received by my car speakers.

I plan on getting a new AUX, just not this one.

I am happy with the product...but it sure would be nice if the manufacturer would color the vehicle end with a stripe or touch of color. If you put the slightly smaller end of the cord in the vehicle it will create static and a poor sound quality. The vehicle end of the cord is slightly bigger...but the same color...so you need to pay attention when plugging it in. I guess the consumer can paint the end...but the manufacturer should do this before selling in my opinion :)

I bought this cable for my Iphone 4 in a Speck candyshell case. The case hole does not allow much room for plugs to the audio jack. This cable works perfect. The smaller plug housing on one end allows the the plug to fit within the constraints of the Speck case I have.

OLD REVIEW: Most of the time, I can barely hear anything after connecting my iPhone 4 to my car stereo via this cable, unless I crank my volume all the way up. Also, 9 out of 10 times, there are problems with the stereo and I only hear music from one side of the car. To be fair, this is probably a problem with the iPhone 4 and not with this cable. But if you are a new iPhone 4 owner, this cable will not work well for listening to your music via the car stereo.



UPDATE: I find that this cable works great when I reverse the ends such that the bigger end is connected to my iPhone. But for this to be possible, I need to take the iPhone case off. The sound quality is perfect with no problems whatsoever. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is that the cable does not work with the smaller end connected to my iPhone, allowing me to keep the case on the iPhone while it is connected to the car stereo via this cable. Maybe this is an issue with the particular cable that I have and not with the iPhone, as I originally assumed. - Ipod Accessories - Audio Cables - Iphone - Automotive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information