Monday 14 March 2011

Ethernet - gigabit ethernet switch, switch


It's a non managed switch, so not really much to say about set up.

Plug in your Ethernet cables, plug in the switch. So simple a non-techie significant other could do it.

I was using a four port switch but with the addition of a networked TV, blueray player, apple tv... i was running out of available ports.

I ordered this and received the usual super fast shipping from Amazon. Packaging was excellent.

From the time I unpacked the switch to the time i was done (including moving the old 4 port switch over to the home theater area and plugging in the apple tv to stop using wireless) it took 5 minutes.

Yes there are cheaper switches out there, but since this switch is in a semi-visible area I wanted something that looked a little nicer. Having it come from Cisco is just an added bonus.





If you're looking for an 8 port switch, I would recommend the SE2800. Linksys SE2800 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch

Perfect solution for a small office or home network expansion. Plug n play convenience and it's Linksys so bound to work excellent. I am very much satisfied with this product although I already have a Linksys router needed expansion of ports in other area where I got 3-4 PCs/Laptops and a Vonage telephone modem and all are working fine.

It would connect to my cable modem when two different Belkin modems wouldn't.



Right away, we noticed a big speed increase over our Belkins.



Doesn't have gigabit Ethernet, but it does seem to have good speed.



The WiFi is very strong. Good signals over a wider area.



Low profile and no light make this router less intrusive in you home.



This unit runs a lot cooler than my old WRT54G



If you need a strong WIFI, dual band signal over a wide area, this is your modem. - Gigabit - Gigabit Ethernet Switch - Gigabit Switch - Switch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information