Thursday 31 March 2011

Small Cordless Screwdriver - black and decker, cordless screwdriver


For screwdriver purposes, I prefer a cordless screwdriver to my cordless drill. When using most cordless drills, when you are doing a job, if the battery dies, you must wait while your screwdriver sits in the recharger to charge. Also, for me, the batteries in the rechargeable screwdrivers I have used in the past do not last and the the (built-in) battery becomes un-rechargeable, thus forcing me to pitch the whole screwdriver. The beauty of Versapak tools, however, is that you can take the battery out and put it in the charger and continue working using a fresh new battery. I have used the Versapak screwdriver since the 90's when my husband gave me one for Christmas. Initially, I wrinkled up my nose at it but now am a diehard versapak tool user. I have many versapak tools plus a dustbuster (kept by the kitty's litter box) and a snakelight (fantastic if you can get your hands on one). But I digress! That original Christmas present screwdriver bit the dust a while ago and I am now on my second one in about 15 years. I would have gone through many more of the other rechargeables in the same amount of time. Over time, I have purchased many batteries, but in all fairness, I used the batteries for other tools as well. Incidently, I only use the "gold" batteries.



Disclaimer: Black and Decker discontinued the Versapak series several years ago (I had called them when I wanted another snakelight and they said I could not order any more Versapak tools from them)...but now I see Versapak tools available again, and I don't know if that means they (B&D) are producing them again? (Dear Black and Decker, What is the status of Versapak?)...

Batteries: I have always continued to buy the batteries at Home Depot (tool corral) for $19.99 but today they were $25 each! I just found them here at Amazon in a pak of five where the price per battery was less than $14 each and free delivery... Yes, I recommend this cordless screwdriver! Black & Decker VP810 3.6-Volt Versapak Screwdriver

I work for a school, and have used these versapak screwdrivers for YEARS now and LOVE THEM!! From computer work to door hinges, these screwdrivers are very well made. Most battary powered screw drivers are made to plug in and charge, so you loose the tool while charging. These have remarkable battary life and switching the battary is as easy as it gets... REALLY! I must admit the battary which comes with them is very average, but the GOLD Batteries are the Way To Go, and the only batteries we use at the school. Of course this is not made to drive long screws deep into wood over and over, but has no problem driving a few screws into wood for like hanging pictures, working on doors, ect... for that type of use this is the answer. Another nice feature is the "Auto Lock" which means, if you are not pushing the power button, it automaticly locks to be used as a normal screw driver. This is great for breaking loose the screw and then push the button to back it out. Or use the button to drive it in and give it a last twist. Normally we go for several days on one of the Gold Batteries. Believe me, no maintenance tool bag should be without one!! I'm not sure what problems the other guy had... stuck bit? a couple days dead battary? Sounds like he did not properly charge the battary maybe and doesn't have the finger strenght to get the bit out? Whatever, we have 5 of them and none have failed or had problems after years of use. I have one at home and have given them away as gifts.

I bought this Black & Decker VP810 Screwdriver for casual household use. It's everything I thought it would be and everything I need. I considered buying an extra battery but the one that came with it lasts so long out of the charger that I don't think I'll need a second one. It's comfortable in my hand and the automatic locking feature makes it easy to tighten down screws by feel. I had my previous Black & Decker Screwdriver for nearly 20 years. That's why I wanted another one.

Great item for screws, not a drill, don't be fooled by reviews that knock it for poor drilling performance. It's NOT a drill. The 180 rpm speed keeps you in control without spinning off the screw head. Also has decent torque. I had one for years without the clutch, the current model with clutch doesn't really add much. The battery is the longer lasting gold version, I don't really know if the standard battery is made any more. If this is your first versa pack tool, it's smart to purchase additional batteries so you don't have to stop its use when the battery runs down. The pivot handle helps in tight spots. I can't imagine not having one of these around.

I have had a Black and Decker Versa Pack Screwdriver for about 8 years now. It has performed with no problems at all. This one is an addition to the original. I expect it to perform as well as the older unit. I tried it out for a few things already and feel the new one has more power. The batteries are also an upgrade from the silver series which came with the original driver. Go with the Gold batteries.

I bought the BD Versapack Drill 10 years ago and it has held up well. The batteries evetually have died. Instead of buying replacements I bought this Versapack screw driver which came with a battery and an extra. Batterries brought the 10 year drill back to life and the screwdriver has already been used many times in 2 weeks. Both are must haves for any serious DIY homeowner. - Cordless Screwdriver - Cordless - Small Cordless Screwdriver - Black And Decker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Small Cordless Screwdriver - black and decker, cordless screwdriver cordless Small Cordless Screwdriver - black and decker, cordless screwdriver