Thursday 31 March 2011

Ingrown Toenail - manscaping, nail


I don't get it. Some people spend tens, hundreds of dollars to take care of their cars, iPods and digital cameras. Then, go out and buy a pair of nail clippers - the cheapest ones - for $.99 at a gas station. Should it not be the other way around, I mean, it is your body. Last week I picked up a pair of these for $7 at my local Walgreens.



So far, no problems. I love them, and they are so sharp that you WILL make yourself bleed if you're not careful. Being used to 'gas station shears' I had no problem doing just so.



After buying and subsequently throwing away countless pairs of nail clippers, I decided to look for something that absolutely does not rust! I like to keep a pair of clippers in the shower, and my sink, porcelain covered metal frame, would develop brown rust spots after 1-2 days of a clipper being left there. That's when the Tweezerman set caught my eye, not because they were made in Asia like all the others, but because they



1) were advertised as stainless steel and

2) Guaranteed for life.



And in the event that I damaged them, it says here on the packaging that they will replace them at 1/2 price for me. (S&H not included). At $7 for new, I'm not sure if this means much, but at least it says they stand by the product. But for all that it's worth, the price (remember they are a whopping 7-10 times MORE expensive than the regular ones) is worth paying for in my opinion. Tweezerman His Stainless Nail Clipper Set

Instead of being the light, effective, well-designed, easy-to-use clippers available at any local store, these clippers are heavy, poorly designed (actually hurts my hands to press on them), they can't cut unless you experiment and experiment with every single angle on every single fingernail, and even then you worry that if you don't get it exactly right, you are going to end up accidentally cutting yourself. I have no idea what nail clippers all these other people are reviewing, but the ones I have don't work and turn something quick and easy into a massive chore. What a waste of money.

Maybe my toenails are just too thick, but this cutter just is not heavy duty enough to cut them... I threw them away upon first use. My old toenail cutters were the same design but I don't know who made them...they worked fine... heavier duty metal and much sharper. These are junk IMHO.

I was so excited to purchase this set for my husband whom is very pickey about his clippers. Him and I both love tweezerman tweezers, so I figured that these would be equally impressive. Well, they're not. They are so hard to press down. My nails are thick, but my husband and sons aren't at all. My son's are actually very thin, so there should not have been any problem with his at all. If you need a real workout for your hand, then go ahead and get these, if not, consider something else. I'm going to continue my search for the perfect clippers. If these loosen up, I'll update my review, but I don't think there's any hope.

I love these nail clippers. We have many pair because these are the only ones my husband will use. Cuts even the toughest, thickest nails with ease. I have had less problems with in grown toe nails since I switched to this brand.

Pros:

* They look good

Cons:

* Cut is not clean- thin flap left holding the trimming to the nail so that you then have to tear or pull the trimming off and then file the ragged edge.

* blades are tall and vertical so that it's a challenge to get them under the nail (between the nail and fingertip).

It's nice to cut your nails when they're wet. They cut easier and are less likely to blast into someone's eye. Hence it's nice to have stainless steel nail clippers that you might take into a shower or something.



However I left my Tweezerman fingernail clippers in the shower ONE day and the darned thing started rusting where the blades are welded together!



So I've kept the toenail clippers out of the shower and tossed the fingernail clippers. However the toenail clippers are destined for the trashcan too. Take a close look at the toenail clipper. Blow up that picture. The shape of the cut is convex! Now imagine using that on your toenails. Most people on the planet want a concave cut that rounds your nails so they don't scratch and tear at things. However this toenail clipper gives a convex cut and will give your toenails horns!



Caveate Emptor.

Looking at the other reviews I must have gotten some bad ones. No doubt these are junk. I purchased two. I threw one in the trash. It would not cut anything. The pair I have kept are going in the trash too. They cut sometimes. The handle is not comfortable. I contacted the manufacturer and they showed no interest in replacing. I have some 59 cent clippers that are better than these. I would not recommend these to anyone. - Nail Clippers - Clippers - Manscaping - Nail'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ingrown Toenail - manscaping, nail clippers Ingrown Toenail - manscaping, nail