Tuesday 1 March 2011

Husqvarna Push Mower - gas powered mower, walk-behind rotary mowers


Bought this mower less than two years ago. Took very good care of it and it worked well the first year. The self propulsion feature quit working and it was taken in for repairs. Toro denied warranty claim saying it had been abused. This is far from the truth. The mower that it replaced still runs and is almost twenty years old. Most of our power equipment is very old and usually become obsolete before they wear out or break. We have MTD, Husqvarna, Sears, Snapper, and Swisher. This is our first Toro mower, and our last. Should have know better. We bought a Toro string trimmer a few years back and it broke the first time we used it. In my opinion Toro is junk and will not stand behind their products. Our local "Authorized" repair shop told us that they have had nothing but trouble with Toro honoring their warranty, and are considering dropping the Toro brand. They also suggested to replace it with anything but Toro. Toro Recycler (22") 190cc Personal Pace Lawn Mower - 20332

I have owned this mower about almost a month and mowed 6 lawns with it. I am not impressed. The only good thing is mine starts easily so far.

The exhaust chute for the bag is too small. If the grass is even the slightest bit damp the chute clogs up.

The grass catcher bag bounces off when mowing uneven ground. I have taken 2 nasty falls from tripping over it when it comes off.

When the mower is not running it is hard to push and does not free wheel easily.

The push down speed control at the handle is very uncomfortable to hold down for long periods of time.

There is no height adjustment on the handle so it's much too high for shorter people.

There is no speed control on the engine so you have no control of how fast the blade spins.

Compared to other mowers I have owned, this one is a poor design.

Absolute piece of junk. There's a little decal on the motor that declares "Guaranteed to start". Really? When? October? I just bought this POS this Spring. I'm 6'2" and 230#, former football player, still pretty fit. I can haul and yank and pull this starter cord 20 times and be nowhere with it. It is literally destroying my back. I'll talk to Toro to see if they can address this major issue, and provide an update. However, a brand new lawnmower should not have this problem... particularly one that is advertised as an easy-starting system.



Let me point out here, 3 years ago I bought the same model of lawnmower, and it worked pretty well. No complaints, for the most part it started fairly easily. That was 3 year's ago's model. The wife got it in the divorce. I figured it had worked pretty well, I didn't need to spend time investigating this year's models, I just bought the same one again.



I am noticing in the comments and the comments on comments here that the "good" mowers are about 3+ years old. I suspect there was a change - design, components, suppliers, I don't know. Whatever was changed in the manufacture, it changed a lawnmower that was good into a lawnmower that is junk.

I was sitting in my yard looking at my long grass and thought to myself I need a good mower. I didn't really have the budget for a new mower but that same day I happened upon this mower on clearence, new in the box, for much less than half price.



Well, that did it, I found a way to budget it and brought it home.



I was very impressed overall with its function and found the personal-pace feature to work better than I had expected. I was suspicious of the GTS (Guaranteed To Start) within three pulls for two years. Well mine still starts on the first pull after twice as long as the GTS guarantee. It has a B&S engine so no worries there.



It is a mower, mulcher, and recycler. It comes with attechment to augment these features.



Checking the oil is very easy and, if you ever needed to, adding oil is very easy.



The only fault I could find with such a great bargain would be that the mower blade doesn't come all that sharp. I found that my grass was looking chopped and when I researched this problem I found that it was due to a dull blade. The instructions clearly state that the blade must be kept sharp to prevent such chopping of the grass blades. Not knowing their difination of "sharp" was, I looked at new blades and they were just as dull. I spoke to a small engine shop and they said that they just come that way and that you need to sharpen them upon purchase. Sounds kind of odd, but I what can you do.



I am very satisfied with my TORO mower.

I bought Toro Recycler Model 20332 in April 2011. After 2.5 months, it quited working. I took it to the local service center and was told there was no single drop of Engine Oil in the tank and it burned the engine.



Who in the world runs the engine without engine oil? I am not that stupid. For my defense, I always put the engine oil to the max and did just that when I opened the box.



I called Toro just to be told that I should have checked engine oil level every time I used it because the machine sometimes consumes the engine oil quicker than expected. It does not matter if it is brand-new or 100 years old. She said due to "lack of proper maintenance", the GTS warranty would not be honored.



Surely, the owner's manual recommends doing just that and I admit I failed to strictly follow it. But I did not expect the brand-new $350 machine breaks down this quickly. I am really curious if this is really a lack of maintenance or lack of quality...

I bought this from HomeDepot 3 weeks ago. The first week worked fine, cut the grass without problems, Personal Pace feature worked well, and I was very happy because seemingly I could move very fast with it. The second week I noticed noises from the gear box and I had to push much harder uphill, I finished mowing more tired than ever. It looks like the Pace feature did not deliver as much power to the wheels. So for the third week, I adjusted the cable as suggested in the manual. It worked well for the first few minutes, then the power was completely gone from the wheels. I lift it up, the wheels turn, I put it down, the wheels won't move (with Personal Pace bar pushed down fully). In addition, as I was cutting the grass, the oil cap came loose and oil splashed all over the hot engine making a black cloud of smoke - thankfully did not catch fire. I had enough, packed it up this morning and returned it to HomeDepot. Now I'm searching online for another model, but I'll stay away from Toro and definitely stay away from anything like the Personal Pace feature. Good idea, but isn't yet engineered correctly. - Gas Powered Mower - Cordless Electric Mower - Walk-behind Rotary Mowers - Cordless Electric Lawn Mower'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Husqvarna Push Mower - gas powered mower, walk-behind rotary mowers walk-behind rotary mowers Husqvarna Push Mower - gas powered mower, walk-behind rotary mowers