Thursday 10 February 2011

Worx Leaf F Blower - worx, leaf mulcher


this product is a cool idea...a leaf blower that turns vacuum w/the flip of a switch. Problem is, it doesn't do it nearly as well as it could or should. First, the impeller is plastic. One errant rock or hard piece of bark sucked up in the vacuum, and expect your blades to chip. Mine chipped on the first use. Next, the bag is problematic. It's easy to click into place, but very difficult to dislodge. Mine just would not budge at all. No amount of force, or coaxing or balance could get the bag off. I have read other people have had the same problem. Finally, the design. The end of the unit is angled up. Which seems like a good idea until you use it. Because the motor is the heaviest feature, the unit naturally wants to tip backward in your hand--the opposite direction of the angle on the nozzle. It just means your hand/forearm gets tired a lot quicker. the power of the blower/vac is pretty decent. But that's about all I can say for this gadget. For the money, I expected better. A lot better. I sent this back, and bought a Toro Ultra for $20 less. It doesn't have that "one touch" toggling between blower and vac, but it does have a metal impeller, is simple to assemble and use, weighs less, mulches great, has variable speed and doesn't have nearly the "hang ups" that this unit has. WORX TriVac WG500 12 amp All-in-One Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum

After the second use the zipper on the bag broke. Contacting customer service has been a nightmare. They don't answer the phone and a machine asks you to leave a call back number, which they say they will return in 24-48 hours, never happened. Finally after 2 weeks I finally got a hold of someone. They would not provide me with a phone # that was not a 1-800 number or physical address for their company or let me talk to a supervisor (said they were all busy on other phone calls. They did consent to replace the bag, but I am not sure this is a good idea if their customer service stinks. Seriously considering returning the whole unit.

The Worx All-in-One Electric B/M/V is good and strong, but may not be dependable for more than quick clean ups. My experience with the machine is that it has a strong motor and worked very well for about two hours. The plastic impeller is it's achilies heel. I found that it chipped easily and the machine lost a great deal of its power fairly quickly.



The Worx warranty is a good one and the company honored it with a replacement unit.

This is an awesome machine ! ! I previously have owned a Craftsman and a Toro blower/mulcher. I knew it was a pain to switch the attachments to mulch versus blow. But now that I have the flip of a switch operation, I would not want to go back.



Previous reviews mentioned a negative of the plastic impeller. I trimmed 24 landscaping bushes (spirea, euyonomus, holly, barberrrys and such) and mulched the trimmings. I had to stop one time as a pretty big piece of cypress mulch got lodged in the impeller. I have never owned any gas operated models before but I think it handled it all well.



I love mine ! !

I just bought a house and needed a leaf blower now that fall is here. I just happened to see an infomercial for this on Saturday and saw it in Sears on Sunday, and am returning it on Tuesday.



As a blower... WORTHLESS!

As a vacuum... not terrible if you only have a tiny amount of leaves.

As a mulcher... well, it did chop up those leaves pretty well.



Overall, great is you're a 90 year old woman looking to clear a dozen leaves from her patio.

Completely worthless if you are anyone else.

The Worx TriVac definitely is a jack of all trades. It does everything it says it does, however, don't expect to be blown away! The power in this unit is OK at best. Don't get me wrong, it does vacuum and blow, but the power isn't anything to brag about. You really have to be right on top of the leaves to suck them in and not much range in the blower. However, it does mulch the leaves to extremely tiny particles which makes for a great mulch or fill. I would recomend this product to a guy that wants to vacuum up and mulch the leaves, while occasionally blowing certain areas. This is not a product to buy if you mainly blow the leaves; in that case, get a more powerful blower only model. I also would not recommend this product to a woman of petite stature as this product is definitely a bit heavy and not the most comfortable.

I purchased this item after seeing it on a TV ad. And I must say, it's just as it was advertised - a rarity. I'm 67 years old and I can manipulate the TriVac with ease. It wasn't heavy or cumbersome at all. When you set it on "full-blow," it really moves the leaves. And I really like the ability to switch from blower to vac/mulch with the flip of a switch. I was able to suck up a large pile of leaves in a very short amount of time. Of course, I had to fight with my grandkids because they wanted to jump in the pile of leaves, but that's another matter.



I did think the 10 to 1 bagging ratio was a bit overblown, but I was able to put all of the leaves in my back yard (a good size yard) into one 55 gal liner bag. So I guess they were correct on that as well.



I only have one concern. I wish the fan was made of metal rather than plastic. While Customer Service said the fan was made of hardened plastic, I wish they would offer a metal fan as a replacement. However, since the plastic replacement fan is only $9.00, it's not a bad deal if it has to be replaced.



Other than my one concern, I'd give it high marks.

Having over an acre to clean up, I found the blower lacked power compared to my old, cheap Toro. The switch from blow to vac is nice but I need the ability to blow a lot of leaves more than I need to suck them up. It's probably going back. I also found it heavy and cumbersome. - Electric Blower - Leaf Blower - Leaf Mulcher - Worx'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Worx Leaf F Blower - worx, leaf mulcher electric blower Worx Leaf F Blower - worx, leaf mulcher