Thursday 10 February 2011

Dremel Multi-max - dremel multi-max, dremel


I used this paper to remove old thinset. While it was useful for getting into tight corners, the reality is that the Dremel Multi tool is not well suited for tasks that require heavy pressure; it depends more on the high-speed motion to do its work. The diamond paper holds up well and is long lasting, but without pressure on the material to be removed, its effectiveness is limited. Dremel MM900 Multi-Max Diamond Paper

I got this pad to even out some rough spots in the concrete floor of the basement. There were areas of lumpy concrete from a waterproofing job. This pad does the job, but creates a ton of dust which is unavoidable.

Used to remove the grout behind the soapdish in the tub. It did a great job. I could get right into the corners without creating a lot of dust. The paper cleaned out the grout fast, and it didn't clog.

When first I bought my Multi-Max I splurged on a few unnecessary items and that includes this diamond paper.



One Sunday morning I was in the bathroom. I mean, I was upgrading a cabinet that's in the bathroom, replacing wood shelves with new mirrored ones. For some strange reason there was one mirrored shelf that would not fit into the cabinet.



The glass shop being closed on Sunday I decided to fix it myself with my Max. Never had I worked on glass before. I didn't know what to expect: Would it chip? Dremel never mentioned anything about glass.



I attached the diamond paper to the tool. I experimented with the speed, 1 to 10. I touched it to the glass. I shaved back and forth. Very soon I realized it required 10 speed. When seeing white dust I was relieved. It was the same white dust I had seen at the shop.



I shaved off 1/32 to 1/16 of an inch and the shelf slid easily into the cabinet. The diamond paper + hook and loop pad did take a beating, but still were operational.

I used this "sandpaper" for one tile square. It may be fine for just a finish sand, but for any other task, one will need a much harder and stronger grinder. The promises do not match the actual result. I blame that more on the Home Depot salesperson who sold me the Multi-Max. - Multi-tool - Dremel - Oscillating Tool - Dremel Multi-max'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dremel Multi-max - dremel multi-max, dremel multi-tool Dremel Multi-max - dremel multi-max, dremel